F*ck NTB

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a lift kit on my friend's Dodge and told him to get it aligned. Only a couple of places in town would do it with it being a big truck, big wheels/tires. NTB was the best price. He sat in the waiting room for 2 hours. They told him it was finally done, charged him for it, then let him leave. He noticed the steering wheel was still way off and turned around immediately. The MANAGER told him, "Oh, we ended up not being able to align it at all since we couldn't get it setup on the machine." He asked them why they lied and charged him for it, but the guy wouldn't answer him. He just gave him a refund.

NTB on Valley Mills in Waco.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you ever decide to want to stand by your vehicle while a shop is doing work, they can make you leave the bay if don't have close toed shoes of some sort on. Just keep that in mind. I'm spoiled having a brother that can do it all and has no interest in my car.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I paid the manager a visit yesterday morning, I was expecting a D-bag that didnt give a **** but he actually seemed like he cared which was nice. Told him the whole story and once I got there I decided to look under the car...the y-pipe on the drivers side looked like some plastic wrap u tried to rip open with ur finger!! Red paint on it so theres no denying that homeboy was so excited to get my car on the streets and adjust the radio he flew it off the rack and fucked up the exhaust and thats what was banging on the floor pan (sounded likea grind lol) that means he knew it was making weird noises and still drove the **** out of it...

I was actually relieved when I saw that cuz if it was something internal there was no way in hell they would pay for it. The manager offered to pay to replace that section of the Y so I went to a muffler shop and he took the bill. Still not happy about this and dont plan on going back but im satisfied. I just hope he fired that careless sack of **** employee.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm just glad to hear the manager was cool about it.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever get it aligned properly??
Old 01-05-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya actually they did align it again while I stood there next to my car where I could see the computer screen and watched him do his thing, its aligned...but it still pulls to the right, I think its these shitty 10-spokes I traded my perfectly fine ZR-1s for, cuz I didnt notice it with the ZR-1s. And as for the steering wheel tilted to the left (it still is) I was watching him get in and out of the car and he would flop hisself in the car, when he did that I saw the wheel tilt to the left. Then he'd straighten the wheel and im guessing when he got out, the car lifted up and moved the wheel again (he wasnt exactly light). Im guessing thats why they cant get the wheel straight but didnt feel like going back after I thought about that.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

whent to NTB once...they put 2 wheels on backwards on my truck during a rotation. So the tread was facing the wrong direction. Didnt even notice it until a few months later when i had them mount the new rims.
The guy at NTB goes "Whoever did your last rotation is an idiot!" I said "YOU guys did the last rotation!"
He was speechless...NTB self burn = NTB fail

pretty much everytime iv gone there something wrong happens. so i stopped going back.
After breaking 3 lug locks WITH THE KEY i never looked back.

Buncha highschool kids working there