Roll Racing Vettes

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiago
what track time do you think it runs?

I think its ok for now. I will try some more soon.

I wasn't bragging, just pointing out that racing a 600 hp can be lets say, not very interesting, but a 1000+ HP, things get very interesting
60' 1.68
1/8 6.33 @ 122
1/4 9.54 @ 151

do i need to be more specific?

just bustin' your *****. :beers:
Old 01-12-2011, 04:36 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZO6ER
No one is disputing that. Everyone always starts this debate when there is a discusion or videos on cars ***** footing around or "roll racing". I agree it takes money to do all this racing etc. I also agree that there are people that can get it done and do work out there. I can only speak for myself but my car is not setup for "dig racing". Yes I can do it all day long but just like LS1x2 stated, **** gets broke and it sucks. I choose the route to cruise and the occasional stabbin the throttle at 60 and having fun with it. Some people are more serious than I.
you have been having lots of fun with it alot more fun than I think 99% of the other cars of similar caliber ever do, which is awesome. Most people can't grasp the scale of what your car is and how much you use it, it is truly impressive IMO. There maybe only 1-2 other real street cars I can think of that might give you issues on the street, but those other cars are still to be proven.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TINKRD
60' 1.68
1/8 6.33 @ 122
1/4 9.54 @ 151

do i need to be more specific?

just bustin' your *****. :beers:

just wondering what you were refering to

I am happy with that at this moment, car traps 150+ everytime down the track, I can't complain.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

car traps 150+ everytime down the track, I can't complain.
see, that's the roll racer coming out of you since your E.T. is out of whack. lol

sure you dont own a Supra too?!

Old 01-12-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick K
That's fine. Lets do it tonight. Once from a dig and once from a roll. Let me know when.

This way, I have two chances to take your money!

You have my number. call if you're not scared of a stock Vette...
ahhh hell this should be bad *** considering its going to be cold as **** tonight , yah should bring out RCC with yah and have a vettt run off lol . **** convince Nineball too come out also .
Old 01-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Teching In

you have been having lots of fun with it alot more fun than I think 99% of the other cars of similar caliber ever do, which is awesome. Most people can't grasp the scale of what your car is and how much you use it, it is truly impressive IMO. There maybe only 1-2 other real street cars I can think of that might give you issues on the street, but those other cars are still to be proven.
LOL yeah so far, I guess I know which ones your reffering to

peace out
Old 01-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

see, that's the roll racer coming out of you since your E.T. is out of whack. lol

sure you dont own a Supra too?!

He's a closet supra lover, but you didn't hear that from me.

Some people should also keep in mind that some of the guys who make 1200rwhp and roll race can dial it down and run 10's on DR's granny shifting it with a 1.9 60' coming out easy. That's not a bad compromise considering those cars can dominate oh the hwy where the action happens most around here.

I sure hope all of the people talking down on the 1000+rwhp roll racers run 9's or better so they have a little room to talk.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1x2

Some people should also keep in mind that some of the guys who make 1200rwhp and roll race can dial it down and run 10's on DR's granny shifting it with a 1.9 60' coming out easy. That's not a bad compromise considering those cars can dominate oh the hwy where the action happens most around here.

I sure hope all of the people talking down on the 1000+rwhp roll racers run 9's or better so they have a little room to talk.
IMO if you're making 1000+ you should be running low 9's or better. but we do things differently up here in DFW. My hooptie went 6.3’s w/ 675ishHP, so that’s why I was giving Tiago a hard time about his 1000HP car and his ET’s.

but a lot of the big hitters are 6 speeds and they aren’t necessarily setup to run at the track. Myself, I like to do both, and don’t use my 6 speed as an excuse.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Teching In

That's fine. Lets do it tonight. Once from a dig and once from a roll. Let me know when.

This way, I have two chances to take your money!

You have my number. call if you're not scared of a stock Vette...

I'm not scared I'm terrified of that big motored vette of yours.lol There's enough roll racers on here for you to race. You have my number if you ain't scared of my little budget build vette from a dig.

Tommy
Old 01-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Im not one to talk down on any1. I just think its funny people think they are superior because of what they like to do.

Last edited by FlashWS6; 01-12-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:29 PM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by 1badc6
I'm not scared I'm terrified of that big motored vette of yours.lol There's enough roll racers on here for you to race. You have my number if you ain't scared of my little budget build vette from a dig.

Tommy
You're scared to race from a roll! LOL!

It's cool Tommy. I know your car is fast from a dig.

I don't have a big motor... I have a HUGE motor! Not too many people know about it though....Ha Ha!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

its usually the slow people that talk **** about Roll racers..same **** thats been going on for years..

most of these "DIG" street racers has probably never even made a 9 second pass..

back then when supras and other imports started making alot of power and kicking the domestic asses on the highways..the domestic guys started crying saying that imports cant run on the from a dig, independent suspensions suck, roll racing is gay, BLAH, BLAH...

but then import guys actually started using slicks and running 8s and 9s in street trims!!!!

now the domestics guys are finally making good power in street trims and guess what?? they are only roll racing...LOL

and then you had people calling imports dyno queens..Now there is one being put out every other week on this site..
Old 01-12-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Regular

I don't have a big motor... I have a HUGE motor! Not too many people know about it though....Ha Ha!
hahaha..

i hope no one is talking **** about you just roll racing..

i dont know how many times you hustled people dig racing back in the days..
Old 01-12-2011, 06:58 PM
9 Second Club

I heart supras

IMO if you're making 1000+ you should be running low 9's or better. but we do things differently up here in DFW. My hooptie went 6.3’s w/ 675ishHP, so that’s why I was giving Tiago a hard time about his 1000HP car and his ET’s.

but a lot of the big hitters are 6 speeds and they aren’t necessarily setup to run at the track. Myself, I like to do both, and don’t use my 6 speed as an excuse.
lol, 6 speeds are great on a street car, but I couldn't keep one in my car for more than 1/4 mile at a time, had to trysomething else for the time being, will go back eventually.

Originally Posted by sc300
its usually the slow people that talk **** about Roll racers..same **** thats been going on for years..

most of these "DIG" street racers has probably never even made a 9 second pass..

back then when supras and other imports started making alot of power and kicking the domestic asses on the highways..the domestic guys started crying saying that imports cant run on the from a dig, independent suspensions suck, roll racing is gay, BLAH, BLAH...

but then import guys actually started using slicks and running 8s and 9s in street trims!!!!

now the domestics guys are finally making good power in street trims and guess what?? they are only roll racing...LOL

and then you had people calling imports dyno queens..Now there is one being put out every other week on this site..
some **** never changes
Old 01-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Launching!

i can do both. my mustang was better from a dig my vette is better from a roll. i just got some dr's so that may change!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Lol You know I'm too slow to play with you big power car from a roll. But here it goes, I'll race you from a roll if you give me the hit from a 20 to 145 only if you race me from a dig and i might give you something from a dig. Can't get no fairer than that. What does everyone think about that?

I'm here with Steven (wormboy) shooting pool and he says I'm a dummy for offering those races but I'm drunk and I'm bored. Steven also said he will make are races a L.M.R reality show #11 out of it for the fans.

Tommy
Old 01-12-2011, 08:19 PM

I know Nick's little secrete..lmao...

It's hard to keep the cat in the bag...haha.. meow...
Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 PM
9 Second Club

idk what every one is complaining about. when i came back from the marines i noticed there were more roll races than when i left, prolly from the amount of c5 and c6 vettes i see on the roads now. i never considered myself one of the "fast" cars but i held my own. i set my truck up to run good from both roll and dig races. Was it the best at both, no. I dont come from a well off family nor am i rolling in the cash, but if i can pull off running a truck as hard as i did for as long as i did and still be able to drive it every day and still bust off a high 9 sec pass and still be able to do high roll races up to 170mph, anybody can. plus i did it in a stock suspension s10. so this "hard on parts, i dont want to break anything" bs is exactly that. not to say i didnt break anything cause from time to time i did. if it was a big piece then i upgraded to a part that could hold the power. at the end of my trucks life the only work i did on the truck was just basic maintenance (oil, plugs, ect).

60' - 1.56
1/8 - 6.60 @ 110mph
1/4 - 9.95 @ 138mph

Nick I wish we could of ran, i think it would have been a good race.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Does that mean you should also own a 9-second car if you want to nutswing on those roll racers? If you are nice enough, I could probably get a nice photo of RC and his car, have him autograph it, and you could hang it on your wall. Be glad to help!

Personally, I couldn't give a crap if someone owns a 18 second car and thinks roll racing takes no talent. It doesn't require a 9-second pass to figure that out. I've been over 200 mph in a car before, it isn't that scary in the right car. 60-130 racing is over in a few seconds, wow the talent it takes there to shift one gear!

I wish I could own a 1,000 hp car someday, so I could be accepted on the internet. I fail at internet boy racer life.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Does that mean you should also own a 9-second car if you want to nutswing on those roll racers? If you are nice enough, I could probably get a nice photo of RC and his car, have him autograph it, and you could hang it on your wall. Be glad to help!
I
Personally, I couldn't give a crap if someone owns a 18 second car and thinks roll racing takes no talent. It doesn't require a 9-second pass to figure that out. I've been over 200 mph in a car before, it isn't that scary in the right car. 60-130 racing is over in a few seconds, wow the talent it takes there to shift one gear!

I wish I could own a 1,000 hp car someday, so I could be accepted on the internet. I fail at internet boy racer life.

Not a bit of that going on here. I do just fine on my own racing from a roll or a dig. If I wanted pics of a car to hang on my wall there are better resources here in town. Don't flatter yourself.

I haven't even spoken about any specific cars on here. You started it all claming people who roll race are pussies.

Quick Reply: Roll Racing Vettes