Thinking of doing coil overs set up

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off this is a mostly daily driver although I have only put 25,000 miles on her in 4 years. I like drag racing but I love going on cruses with my buddies, both of which have corvettes. One a C6 and the other a C5. I want to have something that can take the high speeds of running down the highway with them and go down the twisted country roads around here. So I guess I kinda want a set up that can handle all of this.....
Old 01-25-2011, 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey chad....my BMR springs and bilsteins have been a GREAT combo for what you are looking to do. why spend all that money for the adjustable setup that you aren't really going to utilize?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wavechaser2007
right now i have eibach sportline springs and kyb adjustable shocks
Coming from a KYB and Sportline set-up, a quality set of lowering springs (other than Sportlines - they are crap and are for slamming the car for looks, not handaling) and the shocks you have will be fine, or you can get a nice set of Bilstiens for under $400 to replace those KYB's. Koni's are the best OEM replacement, but not worth the $1400 price tag for anything short of SCCA F Stock autocross. If you are going to spend $1400 on shocks, let me know and I'll build you an adjustable ride hieght front and rear set-up w/ a much, much better shock than a Koni DA for less.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Glenn98ZM6
Coming from a KYB and Sportline set-up, a quality set of lowering springs (other than Sportlines - they are crap and are for slamming the car for looks, not handaling) and the shocks you have will be fine, or you can get a nice set of Bilstiens for under $400 to replace those KYB's. Koni's are the best OEM replacement, but not worth the $1400 price tag for anything short of SCCA F Stock autocross. If you are going to spend $1400 on shocks, let me know and I'll build you an adjustable ride hieght front and rear set-up w/ a much, much better shock than a Koni DA for less.

what kind of shock do you use to build your set ups ?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bilstien SN or ASN shocks.

And to comment on Strange and KYB shocks....
I open tracked (road course) my street car 98 Z from 1999 to 2005 and have raced in a Nationaly recognized class w/ NASA since 2005 to present. I've won 2 National Championships as well as 2 3rd's (2006-2009) and not one car I've raced against or ran on track w/ had Strange or KYB shocks on it. Street/Drag, sure. Street/Road Course, no, I dont think so.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1Aggie09
hey chad....my BMR springs and bilsteins have been a GREAT combo for what you are looking to do. why spend all that money for the adjustable setup that you aren't really going to utilize?
Can u post links to sites that sell them. I want it to be just a barely higher to. Maybe like a quarter inch max. Right now my tires rub like a bitch..
Old 02-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Glenn98ZM6
lets say i am willing to spend a little bit of cash. with ur set up could i get close to the handling of my buddies c6??