10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedracer2536
x2^^ Mine has it!!
Mine had uninsured as well.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd ask for the title to his mustang and part it out....cause who wants a mustang
Old 04-20-2011, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

Exactly why I pay extra for Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage - Texas leads the nation in uninsured drivers last I heard and it's pennies a day

Might as well take him up on his offer and see if his buddy can do anything for you - bout the only way you'll see anything from this other than maybe parting it out.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Launching!

pm sent, take him to court. I went though a very similar situation not to long ago and ended up getting what I needed for repairs out of the other person.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear, OP. Looks like you might not be able to get anything from the guy, so I guess it is time to either take up on his offer or just part the car out and get another one.

Sucks, for sure, but the possible outcome on other alternatives don't sound too promising.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Exactly why I pay extra for Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage - Texas leads the nation in uninsured drivers last I heard and it's pennies a day
Yup. Saved my *** a few years ago.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in a similar situation, except I am covered against uninsured motorists.

Some idiot in a really clean fox rear ended me and pushed me underneath a truck. He begged me not to call the police, and told me he would fix it. I told him the police were on the way. Shortly after, 4 of his buddies show up. They got very aggressive with me, and told me to call the police back, and tell them not to come. I refused.
A cop showed up, and took all of our information. The cop said his insurance checked out. I called his insurance company up, and they said they did not cover him. He had given the cop a fake insurance card.

Now my own insurance company is taking care of it, but they are trying to screw me on the value of the vehicle.

Good luck with all of this. There is just no way you can come on top with it. Sometimes life sucks, but you just have to suck it up.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:26 PM
11 Second Club

IMO if you have full coverage uninsured motorist is a waste of money, but it depends on your agent and your driving record.

If you don't have full coverage then you should get unisnsured motorist.

The reason being is that if you have a great to perfect driving record and your agent is good you will just loose your discount on accident free (if that) and typically uninsured costs more then that discount. However once you have that first claim I would for sure add it. It's all something you have to make the consideration yourself and figure out what you want.

Like others have said, your gonna spend more in lawyer fees if you sue him and you will never get your money.

Have his buddy fix it.

Quick Reply: Crashed my camaro! Fml