6litereater.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Ive been here for awhile for a few reasons, which I'll justify for you if its really needed. And this entire thread if fairly petty. 6LE is a business, they dont make things to market if noones shown interest in buying it. (Search: Gauging Interest threads by 6LE) There are plenty of items on that site that are in fact quality pieces. Just because they arent your style (and in many cases they arent mine either), it does not give you or anyone else the right to sit here and bash on their products. If you owned a business and someone wanted a set of hot pink houndstooth sun visors for their firebird, guess what, youd be making a set to sell them.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Ive been here for awhile for a few reasons, which I'll justify for you if its really needed. And this entire thread if fairly petty. 6LE is a business, they dont make things to market if noones shown interest in buying it. (Search: Gauging Interest threads by 6LE) There are plenty of items on that site that are in fact quality pieces. Just because they arent your style (and in many cases they arent mine either), it does not give you or anyone else the right to sit here and bash on their products. If you owned a business and someone wanted a set of hot pink houndstooth sun visors for their firebird, guess what, youd be making a set to sell them.
whoa, hold on there dictator. People are allowed to voice their opinions good or bad. If the thread and the responses in here bothered you so much why do you keep coming back? Ignore it captain save-a-hoe.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:31 PM
9 Second Club

Old 05-02-2011, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

those splitters are effin ugly on camaros and ta,the grilles over priced the seats are not his theres others on ebay exactly the same for less,cme is great but once again gm part
Old 05-03-2011, 04:34 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW, there are some ignorant people in this thread. You don't like something that is fine but calling something plastic that is fiberglass or vice versa and lots of other just plain WRONG information about my products is just plain ignorance.

First of all, I don't see how a lighter roof is rice... Take for instance our roof on a car that has gone 7's (in the 1/4) at 171...

Broke into the 7s after dropping weight with OUR roof. How fast is your car?

If ricer is posing as fast, I don't think our roof is doing any posing on this car.

Next to call our TA valance ricer because of the way it attaches (bolts and 3M) then what do you call the valance on the 2010 Camaro that is just held in with plastic tabs?

As far as splitters needing to be closer to the ground, you have no clue how they work on a street car. They SPLIT air. They don't scoop air, they don't keep air from getting under the car. They SPLIT air and SPEED UP the air underneath (by creating a pocket on top that gets packed as well) creating downforcce on the top of the car's surface.

Home Depot special? What Home Depot can you find material this large? I'd love to know.

I never understood how ignorant people are smart enough to use a computer.... Yes, I am officially calling people ignorant that have no knowledge of our product nor functionality but claim they do and then talk garbage on the internet about it. Ask questions, say you don't like the way it looks, the price, whatever, but to simply type like you know the product when you don't is ridiculous.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5w20
your black turn signals are worse
you're right. the stockers were better
Old 05-03-2011, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6literdesign provides a great service for Fbodys that are no longer made for people who love thier cars. Every few months new items appear or are created because of customer demands. Great service and mark is a great guy to deal with.

*steps off soapbox.........
Old 05-03-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

how effective was the splitter in wind tunnel testing?

so the roof has made all the difference on your race car?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's wrong with the targa top? Gets rid of the t-bar, should be a pretty clean look. Much cleaner than all the idiots that run around with their ttops off that never clean under them.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

...yeah those splitters and side skirts and rear valance are crap...wait the zr1 has that on there too that cars crap it's such a ricer. "end my douche statement"

I have the front splitter on my t/a and get compliments on it all the time. ITs secured tight and can feel a slight difference at high speed. I'm glad There is a company out there that is trying to bring more appearance mods to our market and it's never cheaply made
Old 05-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

So that car wouldn't go 7's without the roof?
Old 05-03-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 5w20

A 100% functional $400 home depot special
Thats nasty. I cant believe the splitters are so popular. Yuk
Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
First of all, I don't see how a lighter roof is rice... Take for instance our roof on a car that has gone 7's (in the 1/4) at 171...

Broke into the 7s after dropping weight with OUR roof. How fast is your car?
That has to be the most expensive 20lbs saved ever... And I really doubt your roof alone is what put that car into the 7's...

Originally Posted by babbage1109
I have the front splitter on my t/a and get compliments on it all the time. ITs secured tight and can feel a slight difference at high speed. I'm glad There is a company out there that is trying to bring more appearance mods to our market and it's never cheaply made
Placebo effect?
Old 05-03-2011, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
As far as splitters needing to be closer to the ground, you have no clue how they work on a street car. They SPLIT air. They don't scoop air, they don't keep air from getting under the car. They SPLIT air and SPEED UP the air underneath (by creating a pocket on top that gets packed as well) creating downforcce on the top of the car's surface.
You have the overall concept right but you're completely wrong about it not needing to be close to the ground. I'd suggest reading up on how splitters work and how they become ineffective the higher they get off the ground. On a street car a front splitter is absolutely useless unless it's close to the ground, which would make daily driving a pain to keep it from being damaged.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

It could be. I mean i did that a p&p throttle body and wider tires all at the same time. So who knows. I really just did it for the cosmetic part. Sidenote it sits just at 3 inches off the ground. Idk how low it has to be to be effective but I can't see it hurting me
Old 05-03-2011, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

If it wasnt for the splitter it would have never went 7's?.... really? really?...this is just getting more interesting post by post.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:20 PM
11 Second Club

What he was saying was that the weight reduction of the hardtop or t top roof allowed it to break from an 8sec car to the 7s. Not that it's the reason it goes that fast. They're talking about the roof on that car not the splitter
Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yep babbage is correct it just needed that extra 15lbs of weight saving,i do prefer the targa over t tops though thats cause i hate t top
Old 05-03-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

You guys are funny. If you dont like it dont buy it. 6LE comes out with new products for our cars that havent been made in almost 10 years now. Who else is doing that to the extent he is? I like a lot of things he puts out but I dont like everything. Im not gonna go talk **** on the internet about it.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mac62989
You guys are funny. If you dont like it dont buy it. 6LE comes out with new products for our cars that havent been made in almost 10 years now. Who else is doing that to the extent he is? I like a lot of things he puts out but I dont like everything. Im not gonna go talk **** on the internet about it.
but you come will and preach from CT to TX