Raptor Frame Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Raptor Frame Issues

Has anyone seen this? I thought there were a couple of Raptor owners on here. This made me think of the new Mustang with transmission problems that the dealer refused to warrant.

http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=14208

It seems like the issue is only showing up when the trucks are really be used, but it certainly is a problem since the Raptor is marketed for this purpose.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This makes me even more glad I don't buy ford. Prices go up quality goes down. Sadly with all the car makers lately
Old 07-13-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you read later in the thread, Ford is addressing the issue. Take any other production truck out in the same manner and I'm 100% sure you would see more issues.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by redz_02
If you read later in the thread, Ford is addressing the issue. Take any other production truck out in the same manner and I'm 100% sure you would see more issues.
Did you read all 44 pages? They reversed course.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redz_02
i read a decent bit, and ford was "sending engineers to inspect"
the engineer basically said that due to scratches on the underside of the car (from brush and limbs.... not any significant scratches or damage) that the car had been "abused" and they denied a warranty claim.

also said that if he didnt use a Ford Dealership to repair the frame, his warranty would be completely void.

from what i read (not all of it tho) ford wasnt going to do anything about it, nor were they going to stand behind their product and fix it under warranty.

wouldnt surprise me, however, to see a design change in newer model years.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dudeiwin86
wouldnt surprise me, however, to see a design change in newer model years.
I agree. I was surprised that they use the exact same frame as every other F-150 with no reinforcement.

I have a Jeep I take wheeling and a friend who races off road. The design of the bumpstop is rediculous for what that truck is marketed as. It is almost as if they forgot to address that when designing the truck.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no kidding,
i saw the pictures of how it is attached to the frame.
i cant believe they put a hole in the frame for ACCESS to the bolt/nut that holds the bump stop on instead of running that bolt up thru the top of the frame and gusseting the frame in that area.

(i have a '90 k5 blazer that is my little side project. its not getting nearly enough attention with this damn C5 costing an arm and a leg for every little thing... and of course something new rears its ugly head once a week)