Ntb!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ntb!!

NTB can suck my swcheaty nutts! The NTB was only plave open for a tire replacement but the guy at the front counter was a *****, tool, douche, and total dick head! I worked at Discount Tire for a few years so I have some decent knowledge about tires. Well I went in to buy a front tire and it was a standard 275/40r17 well they wanted 187 bucks to just mount and balance the tire only. I paid 135 for the exact same tire at Discount without any hook ups! Complete rip off!! I just wanted to rant because this guy was a dick and just pissed me off. This NTB was off Basswood and I-35 in North Fort Worth incase anybody cares....
Old 09-05-2011, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by droppedls1z
NTB can suck my swcheaty nutts! The NTB was only plave open for a tire replacement but the guy at the front counter was a *****, tool, douche, and total dick head! I worked at Discount Tire for a few years so I have some decent knowledge about tires. Well I went in to buy a front tire and it was a standard 275/40r17 well they wanted 187 bucks to just mount and balance the tire only. I paid 135 for the exact same tire at Discount without any hook ups! Complete rip off!! I just wanted to rant because this guy was a dick and just pissed me off. This NTB was off Basswood and I-35 in North Fort Worth incase anybody cares....
I can almost guarantee that $187 was for the tire + mounting/balancing. I work for NTB in Pennsylvania and our most expensive mounting/balancing is around $44.99 a tire. Do you have a printed out quote from them?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:39 PM
9 Second Club

Nothing he can do about the price. How was HE a dick?
Old 09-06-2011, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if you think it's a rip off then go somehwere else. if you have worked at discount then depending on how long you worked there and if you were liked im sure you still know some people that work there that may or may not give you a good deal but can at the very least make sure your **** doesnt get scratched or w/e b/s might happen.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

droppedls1z is a *****
Old 09-06-2011, 01:57 AM
On The Tree

Yea, bunch off tools work there, I wonder if that guy with the faded red lt1 ta still works there, he was pretty cool...
Old 09-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Teching In

The dude just had te attitude he didnt want to be there at work and the guy before me jumped on his *** about his attitude while I was waiting in line. The tire qoute was for the tire and mount and balancing but so was the price I paid for at Discount tire with no hook up! Why the 50 dollar price different. The tire was. Kumho escta 275/40r17... I did go somewhere else because I thought it was ridiculous about the price difference! **** you gc302047!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gc302047
droppedls1z is a *****
im sure he walked out like a B and then came on here to talk ****...

this would've served you better http://dallas.craigslist.org/search/rnr
Old 09-06-2011, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

I just looked in our computer system and we don't even stock a Kumho in 275/40/17, so he was looking to order it elsewhere for you. Which would mean there would be shipping charges you would have to pay. And even tho I work in PA, yes I can see what any store has in stock, even in TX.

And there are 7 DIFFERENT kumho Ecsta's in a 275/40/17, so its hard to say if Discount Tire was even selling you the same one as NTB.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Stippy17
I just looked in our computer system and we don't even stock a Kumho in 275/40/17, so he was looking to order it elsewhere for you. Which would mean there would be shipping charges you would have to pay. And even tho I work in PA, yes I can see what any store has in stock, even in TX.

And there are 7 DIFFERENT kumho Ecsta's in a 275/40/17, so its hard to say if Discount Tire was even selling you the same one as NTB.
Probably a price increase in the tire itself to be considered also, you know as well as I do being in the tire industry, prices go up left and right. And damn near every single person not in the tire industry thinks they are getting "ripped off"
Old 09-06-2011, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Yes I fully agree with that too 00pooterSS. Discount Tire may have had that tire in stock for a year or even more and they paid $X for it. Now its a year later and the price of that tire has gone up. Discount Tire only paid $X for it, so they can sell it cheaper than a tire dealer buying that tire at the new price. Anybody in the tire industry knows 275/40/17s arent sold a whole lot, because that size only came on Fbodys, Vettes, & Mustangs that Im aware of.

For example most chain store gas stations are pretty competitive with their prices because they are constantly buying gasoline at the new price, whether its higher or lower. (Usually higher) Now go to a mom & pop gas station that doesnt sell as much gas. Their tanks might have gas that they bought X months ago at a certain price, and now its considerably higher. At that point they can sell their gas cheaper than the chain stores that just bought at the new price, because they paid less.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stippy17

I am the service manager of an NTB here in dallas. Im not sure how you are seeing our stock plans here but we do not have an option in the AS400 to see anything but our own region. We do not carry Kumho tires at all.

Originally Posted by droppedls1z
Kumho was not the tire that you were quoted. We do not carry them. It was most likely a Sumitomo Htr Z III. A 275/40/17 is not something that we sell everyday all day long so the prices for those tires are going to be more. I don't personally know anyone at that store but I know not all NTB's are ran the way I run my own. Yesterday was an extremely busy day. We had quite a bit going on at all of our stores yesterday being that we were pretty much the only place open. Give the guy a break he was probably very busy and he doesn't make the prices for the tires.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Well I was curious and asked the guy if he had a matching tire for my other side and I told him the brand and size and all he said was sure and I assumed it was the same tire. It wasnt even that busy as it was early in the morning around 830 and just me and two other people in the store. It was my first and last time going back to NTB just based on the customer service that was offered.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by irbs
I am the service manager of an NTB here in dallas. Im not sure how you are seeing our stock plans here but we do not have an option in the AS400 to see anything but our own region. We do not carry Kumho tires at all.

Kumho was not the tire that you were quoted. We do not carry them. It was most likely a Sumitomo Htr Z III. A 275/40/17 is not something that we sell everyday all day long so the prices for those tires are going to be more. I don't personally know anyone at that store but I know not all NTB's are ran the way I run my own. Yesterday was an extremely busy day. We had quite a bit going on at all of our stores yesterday being that we were pretty much the only place open. Give the guy a break he was probably very busy and he doesn't make the prices for the tires.
So you got the hook up on 275/40/17 in dfw?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bigchickenhawk
So you got the hook up on 275/40/17 in dfw?
Just depends on what you want. But yes I can get tires pretty cheap.