mass air flow help

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mass air flow help

Hey guys I don't know much about the mass air flows so I need some help. I'm getting a p0102 mass air flow circuit signal low code. The last mods done was a high output alternator would this cause any issues? I've tried cleaning it with mass air flow cleaner and clear the code with my solus scanner it keeps coming back it shows 0hz at idle. The car will surge a tiny bit at a stop.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Set your car on fire it will help lol

I have a extra MAF if you need test it out.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by DPRock
Hey guys I don't know much about the mass air flows so I need some help. I'm getting a p0102 mass air flow circuit signal low code. The last mods done was a high output alternator would this cause any issues? I've tried cleaning it with mass air flow cleaner and clear the code with my solus scanner it keeps coming back it shows 0hz at idle. The car will surge a tiny bit at a stop.
Also check the connectors closely. Ohm out the wire and inch or two up from the connector to the actual metal pin itself inside the plastic connector. You could have a broken wire. Seen it a few times and they tend to break right where they curve entering the connector.

If you don't find any trouble there it sounds like the MAF itself. Just run with it unplugged until you find the problem and it will run better than if the computer is recieving a improper signal from the MAF....typically.

EDIT: if you need diag help or general auto repairs outside of your normal area of auto repair, I need a 3/4 clutch pack repaired... just saying

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 09-09-2011 at 10:28 AM.