aggies lose!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol you guys are spazzing too much.
What t.u. did was pretty awesome of them to do.
It's all just a friendly rivalry though.
Not like the tech tards that throw batteries at us, vandalize all of our things and look for Ag's that are alone to jump.

Being here at A&M there is a huge rivalry, but there is a mutual respect for t.u. even though they've been our traditional rival. Too bad we're leaving, would be nice to keep up the tradition.

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Just goes to show what a classless organization atm is. Some of my best friends are aggies and even they don't agree with the halftime shenanigans, but then again they can actually see past a school rivalry and respect the institution. How doing that was approved, especially after the UT band performance is crazy. Can't wait to watch the ags be a 10 loss team
Old 11-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang-Slayer
Not like the tech tards that throw batteries at us, vandalize all of our things and look for Ag's that are alone to jump.

Being here at A&M there is a huge rivalry, but there is a mutual respect for t.u. even though they've been our traditional rival. Too bad we're leaving, would be nice to keep up the tradition.
If it were reversed, the Aggies would be pitching a fit.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by Stang-Slayer

Normally I'd agree that its just a rivalry thing but the context of this game changes everything. It was in very poor taste IMO. I don't really give a **** as we got the last laughs so-to-speak.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
If it were reversed, the Aggies would be pitching a fit.
Lol....Old retired people throw fits over anything. It's almost as bad as small town gossip. I'm we would have some that would.

Normally I'd agree that its just a rivalry thing but the context of this game changes everything. It was in very poor taste IMO. I don't really give a **** as we got the last laughs so-to-speak.
Yeah, all in all, it made us look bad and we lost. haha
Hopefully we might have chances to play again sometime.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

My bet (knowing how college bands work) is that the Aggie Band had no idea what LHB was planning, and vice versa. Plus, I know for a fact the Aggie Band has done that show before. It's not really all that different from when we played The Mickey Mouse Club Theme at the beginning of our Aggie "Tribute" Show.

I won't kill them for it, but UT won the game, and that's all that matters to me!

-Mike
Old 11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Resident

To the UT alums/current students out there Congrats on the Win. I'm not really sure WTH the band was doing, as the announcer said they were saluting the Longhorn traditions with their first march.

And 1slow you are either ignorant or slow to think A&M will only win 2 games per year. A&M's defense is built to stop the run and led the nation in sacks. With the SEC being a ground-n-pound league, I feel they will win more than 2 games.

As for the rivalry, these two teams will play again soon. Big-money Longhorns and Big-money Ags have stated that the game should go on due to the money and publicity both schools receive, as well as the tradition of playing football on Thanksgiving.

Don't buy into what all the losers on Orangebloods and TexAgs say, they represent ~3% of the living alumni from both schools and are the extremists that spew hatred to all schools other than their own.

Honestly I respect UT and it's alums as the majority of them have been pretty gracious with it all, it's the people who didn't attend the school or college at all that talk the most ****, but it's the internet so it doesn't really matter. Baylor and Tech are the schools I hate the most, so hopefully the bears get their *** beat this weekend.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by tripps
To the UT alums/current students out there Congrats on the Win. I'm not really sure WTH the band was doing, as the announcer said they were saluting the Longhorn traditions with their first march.

And 1slow you are either ignorant or slow to think A&M will only win 2 games per year. A&M's defense is built to stop the run and led the nation in sacks. With the SEC being a ground-n-pound league, I feel they will win more than 2 games.

As for the rivalry, these two teams will play again soon. Big-money Longhorns and Big-money Ags have stated that the game should go on due to the money and publicity both schools receive, as well as the tradition of playing football on Thanksgiving.

Don't buy into what all the losers on Orangebloods and TexAgs say, they represent ~3% of the living alumni from both schools and are the extremists that spew hatred to all schools other than their own.

Honestly I respect UT and it's alums as the majority of them have been pretty gracious with it all, it's the people who didn't attend the school or college at all that talk the most ****, but it's the internet so it doesn't really matter. Baylor and Tech are the schools I hate the most, so hopefully the bears get their *** beat this weekend.
How many loses did yall have this year in an "easy" conference? You sound like a Texans fan stating stats, the only one that's important is the W column, and there's not many W's there this year.

It's really not all that difficult to conceive a 10 loss season with more tough conference play, especially while that washed up geriatric is at the helm.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

How many loses did yall have this year in an "easy" conference? You sound like a Texans fan stating stats, the only one that's important is the W column, and there's not many W's there this year.

It's really not all that difficult to conceive a 10 loss season with more tough conference play, especially while that washed up geriatric is at the helm.
Where did I ever say the Big 12 was easy? It was by no means an easy conference, expecially with teams like OSU, OU, and KSU.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Launching!

I think the Aggies will do the same in the SEC. There's 2-3 good teams every year in the SEC then there's Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, etc. It's not like every team in the SEC is BCS material.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...12-has-widened

SEC / Big 12 have been swapping spots as the highest rated conference during the year.

IMO the rivalry will be dead for a few years unless they move the game to the beginning of the season. I don't think A&M or UT want a tough non-conf game near the end of the year when they could be chasing a conf title.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:54 PM

Where did I ever say the Big 12 was easy? It was by no means an easy conference, expecially with teams like OSU, OU, and KSU.
Which I think it generally is. This year being somewhat of an exception but the only reason OSU is that good is because of blackman and Baylor because of RG3. KSU is not good so I don't know where you got that from. Next year Texas is going to such D wise since we are losing gideon and acho. The big12 has its good years and bad years but in general the sec is always tough. Yall will have more loses in the sec that you do in the big12, how long do you think the fan base will take it?
Originally Posted by ysb02
I think the Aggies will do the same in the SEC. There's 2-3 good teams every year in the SEC then there's Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, etc. It's not like every team in the SEC is BCS material.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...12-has-widened

SEC / Big 12 have been swapping spots as the highest rated conference during the year.

IMO the rivalry will be dead for a few years unless they move the game to the beginning of the season. I don't think A&M or UT want a tough non-conf game near the end of the year when they could be chasing a conf title.
See above for why IMO the big12 was somewhat strong this year. Don't forget Arkansas and Tennessee. Georgia hasn't been too bad either lately, definitely enough to put the ags out of their misery with their second half meltdowns. Until grandpa is no longer pulling the strings the ags don't have a chance.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Launching!

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2011/9...u-need-to-know
Old 11-28-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

Which I think it generally is. This year being somewhat of an exception but the only reason OSU is that good is because of blackman and Baylor because of RG3. KSU is not good so I don't know where you got that from. Next year Texas is going to such D wise since we are losing gideon and acho. The big12 has its good years and bad years but in general the sec is always tough. Yall will have more loses in the sec that you do in the big12, how long do you think the fan base will take it?

See above for why IMO the big12 was somewhat strong this year. Don't forget Arkansas and Tennessee. Georgia hasn't been too bad either lately, definitely enough to put the ags out of their misery with their second half meltdowns. Until grandpa is no longer pulling the strings the ags don't have a chance.
How is KSU not a good football team? They are 9-2 with only 1 bad loss to OU. They win games by being disciplined on both sides of the ball (few penalties), winning the turnover margin, and having a good D.

Baylor is not good because of Rg3, they are good because of the system in place and the receivers. Their true freshman backup QB came in to their last game and they never skipped a beat, with him throwing multiple deep TD's. They have the fastest receivers in the Big 12 and burn everybody deep all game long.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Baylor is not good because of Rg3, they are good because of the system in place and the receivers. Their true freshman backup QB came in to their last game and they never skipped a beat, with him throwing multiple deep TD's. They have the fastest receivers in the Big 12 and burn everybody deep all game long.
We, TTU, also have one of the worst defenses in the nation so we'll see what happens next week. I think Kansas could put 50+ on our defense if we played them now. OU has a horrible secondary too and that's the main reason why we beat them like Baylor did. UT should be interesting since they have a solid run / pass defense.

KSU is bad***. Their record against UT since the beginning of the Big 12 is 4-2 in their favor. Bill Snyder does great with the players he gets.

Quick Reply: aggies lose!!!!