07 cummins pulls stuck semi

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GulfM3
Come on man, if you work pipeline you must know there are different wall thicknesses of pipe....

On this job the main line was .420 wall, with the heavy wall pipe getting up to .825 wall, and different thicknesses in the .5-.6 range. .825 wall pipe weighs about 360lbs a foot, meaning A single 80' stick of .825 pipe weights about 29k lbs, you can only haul one piece at a time or you are over legal weight (80k gross). I'm sure you already know all this

I took the picture about 4 years ago so I don't recall the exact wall thickness, but it wasn't the main line .420 wall because we could haul three pieces and still gross out at just under 80k.

Who do you work for?
LMAO. You just proved you don't know **** about what you're talking about. That day cab (non sleeper) truck with an empty flatbed weighs MAYBE 29,000 lbs. You can haul a 50,000 lb load with that truck and be legal all day long as long as it axles out. Although you are correct in saying that you can't haul 2 pieces of pipe, with one piece of 29k lb pipe, you're looking at around 60k lbs, not 80k. So, your first claim that it weighed 80k lbs is bullshit
Old 12-06-2011, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by c0rey
AWWWW YEAHHHHH
haha yeah my girlfriend was giving me **** about that too... lol
Old 12-07-2011, 07:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
so easy, a subaru can do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6yj7kHHg08
I'm pretty sure I could rip that Subaru in half or at least sling him around like a boat does a tube around the lake.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GulfM3
Come on man, if you work pipeline you must know there are different wall thicknesses of pipe....
Xm
On this job the main line was .420 wall, with the heavy wall pipe getting up to .825 wall, and different thicknesses in the .5-.6 range. .825 wall pipe weighs about 360lbs a foot, meaning A single 80' stick of .825 pipe weights about 29k lbs, you can only haul one piece at a time or you are over legal weight (80k gross). I'm sure you already know all this

I took the picture about 4 years ago so I don't recall the exact wall thickness, but it wasn't the main line .420 wall because we could haul three pieces and still gross out at just under 80k.

Who do you work for?
I work with Eagle Ford Shale, we are doing the major Houston pipeline in Colorado county area. We have one of the biggest pipe storage yards, if anyone drives on I-10/71 area you can't miss it, it's right off the highway. Although the thickness of pipe flew right over my head that pipe is still nowhere near the weight you claim. The other reasons for only being able to carry one 42" pipe is width that the single trailers can hold, and yes weight would be too great with two. My statement just claims the load you were pulling is nowhere near what you claimed. That total load is 65-70k tops ( on the safe side ) if you wish I will get EXACT numbers.

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
pwned, construction style
You apparently do not have any idea what you're talking about either.

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
LMAO. You just proved you don't know **** about what you're talking about. That day cab (non sleeper) truck with an empty flatbed weighs MAYBE 29,000 lbs. You can haul a 50,000 lb load with that truck and be legal all day long as long as it axles out. Although you are correct in saying that you can't haul 2 pieces of pipe, with one piece of 29k lb pipe, you're looking at around 60k lbs, not 80k. So, your first claim that it weighed 80k lbs is bullshit
Thanks for proving my point even further.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by enigmah
I work with Eagle Ford Shale, we are doing the major Houston pipeline in Colorado county area. We have one of the biggest pipe storage yards, if anyone drives on I-10/71 area you can't miss it, it's right off the highway. Although the thickness of pipe flew right over my head that pipe is still nowhere near the weight you claim. The other reasons for only being able to carry one 42" pipe is width that the single trailers can hold, and yes weight would be too great with two. My statement just claims the load you were pulling is nowhere near what you claimed. That total load is 65-70k tops ( on the safe side ) if you wish I will get EXACT numbers.

You apparently do not have any idea what you're talking about either.

Thanks for proving my point even further.
would you happen to have any pipe in the yard for Energy Transfer? We'll be laying 42" up there from Caterina, Tx to our new Kryo Plant for all of this Eagle Ford Gas.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

Makes me feel proud of Cummins. Good company and good engines. Ha and the best part was that the semi probably also had a Cummins in it.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1_bad94Camaro
would you happen to have any pipe in the yard for Energy Transfer? We'll be laying 42" up there from Caterina, Tx to our new Kryo Plant for all of this Eagle Ford Gas.
do you work for ET?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Domsz06
do you work for ET?
Yes sir. Saturday will mark 4 years here for me.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Domsz06
do you work for ET?
The new Jacksonville plant? My company has a contract to send some of our gas there.

It's amazing how much Catarina has blown up with the Eagleford.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
The new Jacksonville plant? My company has a contract to send some of our gas there.

It's amazing how much Catarina has blown up with the Eagleford.
I'm not sure exactly what they are going to call it but yes it is in Jackson county. Caterina is a busy little town. Its finally on the map.