56.72%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Should the Texans get Manning

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HTX
Wtf? Texans just let go of Lawrence Vickers!
Who cares? He wasn't that good and had hands made of stone. James Casey is better and more dangerous because of his ability to actually catch a pass.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Who cares? He wasn't that good and had hands made of stone. James Casey is better and more dangerous because of his ability to actually catch a pass.
You're kidding me right? Vickers did what full backs need to do best. RUN BLOCK. A full back gets maybe 1 pass per weekend thrown at them. (Assuming tight ends are healthy)

Last edited by HTX; 03-13-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

yall can cancel this thread LOL... houston mgt announced he wont be getting signed with them
Old 03-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm so glad we can talk about football again... Can't get into basketball and baseball is only fun if you are there and drinking.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by HTX
You're kidding me right? Vickers did what full backs need to do best. RUN BLOCK. A full back gets maybe 1 pass per weekend thrown at them. (Assuming tight ends are healthy)
I'm not kidding at all. Casey stepped into Vickers' roll for a few games this season and had no problem whatsoever blocking for his RB. I'm pretty sure my previous post was quite clear. Casey can block AND catch which makes him an even bigger threat than "I've got cinder blocks for hands" Vickers.

Last edited by -Ross-; 03-14-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Who are they going for if they are dropping Winston??? That move just makes me wonder.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by edub80
yall can cancel this thread LOL
Not exactly. The thread is opinion based, simply asking if the Texans SHOULD go after Manning or not as opposed to WILL they go after him. Whether or not they do doesn't mean people can't continue to give their opinion.

Originally Posted by edub80
... houston mgt announced he wont be getting signed with them
Although I believe they should have gone after him, I hope they at least considered it. If he goes to the Titans and they beat us twice next year, the Texans are gonna have some questions to answer and all the Media drama (2nd to the Titans facing the Colts) to go with it.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Mario is now a Buffalo Bill.

My thoughts?

Who cares?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mario is now a Buffalo Bill.

My thoughts?

Who cares?
Why do you say that? The only people who think Mario is overrated are Texans fans. I can understand expecting a ton due to being a first overall pick, but he has been good. The only real knock on him is his injury history.

My personal opinion is that even if the Texans were in the position to pay him (which they weren't), the right decision would be to let him go. It's not because he isn't good, but I just don't see many people being worth that kind of money. But I don't see how a Texans fan can just not care, and not be bummed out a little bit.

I also think you are underrating Vickers. He is a good strong fullback with good vision. You shouldn't care if he has brick hands, he just needs to be used as a blocker. I definitely think he is better than Casey. I am happy my Cowboys got him to replace Fiametta. Very under the radar signing. All that being said, I don't think the Texans will miss him too much. You could probably put Jacoby out there blocking for Foster being that O line running the ZBS, and Foster would do just fine.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Why do you say that? The only people who think Mario is overrated are Texans fans. I can understand expecting a ton due to being a first overall pick, but he has been good. The only real knock on him is his injury history.

My personal opinion is that even if the Texans were in the position to pay him (which they weren't), the right decision would be to let him go. It's not because he isn't good, but I just don't see many people being worth that kind of money. But I don't see how a Texans fan can just not care, and not be bummed out a little bit.

I also think you are underrating Vickers. He is a good strong fullback with good vision. You shouldn't care if he has brick hands, he just needs to be used as a blocker. I definitely think he is better than Casey. I am happy my Cowboys got him to replace Fiametta. Very under the radar signing. All that being said, I don't think the Texans will miss him too much. You could probably put Jacoby out there blocking for Foster being that O line running the ZBS, and Foster would do just fine.
I don't care about Williams going because Brooks Reed stepped in last season and picked up 9.5 sacks. Williams hadn't had over 8 sacks since the 2008 season. He's just not worth that money.

Vickers is easily replaceable.

Good God. Please don't mention Jacoby. He sucks donkey *****. How he's still on the team is beyond me.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Apparently if you're not a Greek god sculptured for football then you don't belong on the Texans roster.

Nobody hates the Texans more than their fans.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't care about Williams going because Brooks Reed stepped in last season and picked up 9.5 sacks. Williams hadn't had over 8 sacks since the 2008 season. He's just not worth that money.

Vickers is easily replaceable.

Good God. Please don't mention Jacoby. He sucks donkey *****. How he's still on the team is beyond me.
I agree that the Texans did just fine without Mario last year, but I don't think Reed vs. Williams is a wash. I just don't get not caring. That's like me saying I don't care if the Cowboys lost Dez Bryant. The guy is injury prone, and they do fine on offense without him, but I still think they are much better with him.

Disagree on Vickers.

And the hate for Jacoby and his incompetence is why I used him as an example. I don't think he will be on the team much longer. The Texans have got to draft a replacement for him. With Andre's rubber band hamstrings, they need to have a WR that can come in and play without much drop off when Andre inevitably goes down. The Texans can easily fill that need within the first 2 rounds, and I would be very disappointed if they didn't if I were a Texans fan. The Texans have desperately needed a solid number 2 for a while now.

Originally Posted by HTX
Apparently if you're not a Greek god sculptured for football then you don't belong on the Texans roster.

That's just sports fans in general. Incredibly negative, reactionary, and emotional. It's irritating sometimes, but that's just the way it is.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Exactly.

You could probably put Jacoby out there blocking for Foster being that O line running the ZBS, and Foster would do just fine.
You had me until this^^^

lol, if you figure that one out, let me know

And the hate for Jacoby and his incompetence is why I used him as an example.
Not sure I want someone as incompetent as him doing anything football related period, much less blocking for our star running back.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by HTX

WTF are you talking about?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hiram007
Not sure I want someone as incompetent as him doing anything football related period, much less blocking for our star running back.
That was the joke...
Old 03-15-2012, 02:22 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

WTF are you talking about?
I've lived in 6 different cities in 5 different states in my life and I've never seen fans that hate on their own team more than Texans fans. Just an observation ...

Last edited by HTX; 03-15-2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Hate on*
Old 03-15-2012, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HTX
I've lived in 6 different cities in 5 different states in my life and I've never seen fans that hate on their own team more than Texans fans. Just an observation ...
Dude what fan base doesn't hate on their team if they don't win? Perfect example is the pitsburg pirates. Their fans were literaly protesting, until they held first place throughout the begining of last season, the fans shut up. Most of popular teams fanbase are mostly made up of bandwagon fans. Perfect example: last years Philadelphia eagles, and phillies. Bostons baseball and basketball teams. And the nicks and mets.

Imho I think Chicago has the most loyal fans. Then its Dodgers, and green bay.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:04 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by svg210
Dude what fan base doesn't hate on their team if they don't win? Perfect example is the pitsburg pirates. Their fans were literaly protesting, until they held first place throughout the begining of last season, the fans shut up. Most of popular teams fanbase are mostly made up of bandwagon fans. Perfect example: last years Philadelphia eagles, and phillies. Bostons baseball and basketball teams. And the nicks and mets.

Imho I think Chicago has the most loyal fans. Then its Dodgers, and green bay.
Well, I guess you're right. You just reminded me of the Raiders fans rioting when TB beat them at the Super Bowl. But I still see the Texans fans being pretty damn brutal.