Speeding ticket? (Constable)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I cant find that old ticket or the paperwork but that name Hubbard does sound familiar. He was in a Tahoe, made me stand behind it while he kicked my gear in the mud with his boots. Kept calling me 'Soldier' like he thought it would **** me off (which it did but I just kept my cool).

I'd fight it if I were you
Old 03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GOHOME
This incident happened during morning commute on the Beltway 8 south bound near 290. As I left the toll booth, a Constable (Precint 5, SGT Hubbard) pulls out from the toll area and follows me as I merge on to Beltway 8. Of course I notice a huge Constable SUV as it is following me down beltway 8 so I am aware of my situation. I was cruising at about 70, no more than the flow of traffic although the posted limit is 65. He is basicaly on my *** like a half car length just following me as I change lanes. For 2 miles he rides me and as I change lane to pass up a slower group of cars he follows me to the next exit and hits his siren and lights. I pull over in a gas station and he asks "do you know what the speed limit is and do you know how fast you were going." I replied speed limit is 65 and I was going about 70. He then says did you not see me behind you? I was like yes I saw you from the begining you got behind me. He says he was pacing me (which he was) and I was going 74. Here is where I am pissed, I was going with the flow of the traffic and he rides my *** so I would speed up to change lanes and then pulls me over. I asked one of my Sherriff buddy's to see if he could talk to this guy and make this go away and he tell me that he talked to SGT Hubbard and SGT said I was purposely speeding while he was behind me and if he saw what I was driving (95 Supra TT) he would know why he followed me. So he basicaly followed a nice car and gave me a ticket for 74 (what he says) while I was in uniform (Marines). I respected this guy by saying yes/no sir the whole time while he just acted like a jackass and needed to feel good about what he did. Thanks Constables, great service.
Yeah......

Just pay it and take DD.

Last edited by rabiddog; 03-23-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

You should have flipped him off and took it over 100! Making sure someone was filming of course.

Sure it would have sucked for you but it would have made for an epic ls1tech thread. Think about others next time.. geeeezzzzzz
Old 03-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if you could have asked to see his supervisor and requested a citizen citation on him for tailgating you. I do not have anything nice to say about constables, they tarnished my clean driving record in which I have a CDL.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A dollar says that Tahoe doesn't have a certified calibrated speedometer.........Constables typically don't have the budget to maintain such things like city kitties and county Mounties.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Who cares if you look like a *******. Now you have to get a Lawyer, court and pay a fine for not looking like a *******.

If everyone was going 70-75 and you was only going 70 then he singled you out for a reason.
I am sorry, but once some one gets pulled over for speeding, or "singled out" it still does not hide the fact that 70-75 is still considered speeding. Dick move, but The transportation code is what it is, and it must be followed unless there's a special circumstance.

OP my advice to you is, he gave you a dam ticket for 9mph if you can prove your case at court, you might get these charges thrown out. This is a setup, or considered entrapment. There is a statement on the tx driver publication that states that you should speed up to increase following distance (but does not say that you're allowed to go over the posted limit) Good luck! do not settle! take your case all the way to the judge. Most smokeys will not show up for BS tickets, unless your really deserved it.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Some cops and judges are harder on military, usually around military bases in my experience. I was stationed in SC for 10 years. I got pulled over for 72 in a 65 when I had my cruise control set on 65 but a car was passing me when I went by the cop on the side of the road.
I get off work at 8am haul *** to court after working all night and sit through all these cases until I finally get to see the judge. (Everyone always said go to court they will reduce fine and points) I stand in front of the judge and he asks how I plea, I say guilty (like everyone else did) he says pay fine on ticket, its nice to get some of our tax dollars back. I was pretty shocked and pissed.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
A dollar says that Tahoe doesn't have a certified calibrated speedometer.........Constables typically don't have the budget to maintain such things like city kitties and county Mounties.

BINGO

He would have a tough time proving you were going 74 even if he has a certified speedometer.

You should have never admitted to going 70, if he wrote that on the ticket you might be screwed.

Fight the ticket half the time a cop doesn't show up for their court dates. You win by default unless you get an ******* judge who sets another court date.

If you get a lawyer he will get it knocked down to a none moving violation at the least.

Remember the 3 rules when being questioned by the police.

DENY, DENY, DENY
Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by No Hope
BINGO

He would have a tough time proving you were going 74 even if he has a certified speedometer.

You should have never admitted to going 70, if he wrote that on the ticket you might be screwed.

Fight the ticket half the time a cop doesn't show up for their court dates. You win by default unless you get an ******* judge who sets another court date.
If you get a lawyer he will get it knocked down to a none moving violation at the least.

Remember the 3 rules when being questioned by the police.

DENY, DENY, DENY
I was just in a harris county courtroom. Same county the Op got the citation in. They said don't gamble on the cop not showing up. A no show on his part will cost him some pay. And if you lose, the option for DD goes away. And they up the cost of deferring the ticket.

The pacing thing is definately something to go on, as far as fighting the ticket. Even if you do beat it, you'll probably end up spending more time and money than just paying the DD fine ($110) at the clerk window and taking it online for $25. O yeah, and the $12 driving record charge.

Who knows though? Fight it, and maybe he will die in a grease fire before the court date.

I know the next time a cop rides my *** like that, I'm just going to start moving to the right. If they follow, I'm going to stop on the side of the road.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:12 AM
9 Second Club

i dont know what it is about pct 5 but they hate marines. mine was constable garcia.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Unfortunately admitting to know that the speed limit is 65 and then admitting to exceeding it is grounds for a ticket. You just admitted to being guilty, the fact that he followed you so closely doesn't really matter. If it made you uncomfortable you should of slowed down the the limit and pulled to the left lane. The flow of traffic won't fly either much less in court. Unless you feel like paying for an attorney DD is your best choice.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
I was just in a harris county courtroom. Same county the Op got the citation in. They said don't gamble on the cop not showing up. A no show on his part will cost him some pay. And if you lose, the option for DD goes away. And they up the cost of deferring the ticket.

The pacing thing is definately something to go on, as far as fighting the ticket. Even if you do beat it, you'll probably end up spending more time and money than just paying the DD fine ($110) at the clerk window and taking it online for $25. O yeah, and the $12 driving record charge.

Who knows though? Fight it, and maybe he will die in a grease fire before the court date.

I know the next time a cop rides my *** like that, I'm just going to start moving to the right. If they follow, I'm going to stop on the side of the road.
I've beaten 3 tickets this way, 2 tickets the cop didn't show up and in East St Louis the cops copy of the ticket got lost so the judge let me off. The only time this didn't work was a ticket in Belleville IL when the cop was a no show and the judge moved the court date.

Your insurance will go up far more than the fine with a moving violation so money spent on a lawyer is well spent

The best thing to do is buy a good radar detector and avoid the situation.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by v8sten
i dont know what it is about pct 5 but they hate marines. mine was constable garcia.
Constables in general suck, useless ******* court clerks. I have respect for real officers, DPS, HPD etc.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
Constables in general suck, useless ******* court clerks. I have respect for real officers, DPS, HPD etc.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:15 PM
12 Second Club

This is easy: Don't speed with a cop (Constable or not) right behind you. I'm sorry, but you were just asking for it. Sure cop was a dick, but most are.

Got a no front plate added to my 40 in a 30 ticket, just for fun. Cops enforce "the law". So, I can't bitch about getting a ticket for it, but I can bitch that it's a dumb law. Got it dismissed anyways.

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket? (Constable)