How entry level work in TX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How entry level work in TX?

Was looking for some feedback from you guys in TX . I am looking to relocate from northern CA with my girlfriend and loved parts of AZ when we went there on vaca last year, and will be checking out TX this year. I currently work in retail at a firearms dealer, but would like to get into some type of trade work. I have many years of various minor trade work growing up on a ranch as well several years of residential painting experience, but would like to get into something like electrical or hvac. Im 28yrs old now, and would just like to get an opportunity to come in somewhere green and work my way up.

Based on what I see on craigslist it seems like plenty places might provide those opportunities...? I dont mind proving myself, and dont need to make spectacular money starting, just something stable with benefits. I would love some feedback on how you guys view various areas in the state in those regards?
Old 06-26-2012, 08:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The oil rigs down south pay good and it doesn't much to get hired on. Plenty of opportunity in TX. The only thing we don't want is people who move here just to bitch about how Texans think this is the best state in the Country... we don't think that. We know that. Just a fact. Don't fight it. lol
Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z
The oil rigs down south pay good and it doesn't much to get hired on. Plenty of opportunity in TX. The only thing we don't want is people who move here just to bitch about how Texans think this is the best state in the Country... we don't think that. We know that. Just a fact. Don't fight it. lol
Im not of that mind. Id feel like the mexicans here that say mexico is the greatest ever. Hopefully its all its cracked up to be and I can be that guy who rubs it in my CA friends faces.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Yeah move here and buy all the 75 and 100 rd. drums you want. Cali sucks
Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99 bad ***
Yeah move here and buy all the 75 and 100 rd. drums you want. Cali sucks
Yeah thats the plan. First purchase will be a few suppressors. We can "get" most things in CA no problem, its just dumbed down or you have to jump through hoops. For hi cap mags we can have all the pieces they just cant be assembled. So you order rebuild kits. So basically my safe is full of magazines in pieces cause its a felony if I get caught with them put together.