Found another Fbod...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 98 Likes on 77 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

It just gets better... Car already has LT4 intake.... Sending heads off to be inspected, resurfaced or slighly milled.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Z0H6
You know Chad, i am contemplating what to do... Replace w a drop out LT1 perhaps out of a 92-96 Vette (C4) w lower miles? While it's out do the Hot Cam, Headers? Or simply re do the exisitng heads, clean em up, throw in new lifters, timing chain,opti, water pump,plugs,wires. This car has 110K on it... It was running and driving 3 weeks ago. I will most likely be doing the work from my garage on jack stands... I am very familiar with the LT1 cars as i have owned both a 93,95...Z28... I know how difficult they can be to work on. I may have the car sit until spring while i gather parts...

I am open to you guys' suggestions though. Not looking to make this the fastest Fbody on the street, as i will most likely build it for my 13 y/o son. Oh, i have my Z06 built for Speed!! The Firehawk gets driven every now and again.

I will eventually throw a Stall into the SS... Hell, i may keep it for myself and find my son a 3rd gen... I would appreciate input from you guys.

Thanks again for the kind words. More pics to follow once i get it home and get her cleaned up.
I have a car lift so it makes it easier...

I've never worked on a LT1 and it was not too bad. Now if I was to pull the heads with the motor in the car that would be another story.

Good luck with it, looks like it will be a nice car when finished.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

LT4 intake won't work with out LT4 heads, I would refresh the bottom and send the heads and intake over to some one like Advanced Induction or Lloyd Elliot, a good heads and cam set up in a M6 can make 415-430rwhp with the right parts. I have worked on my 93 a ton, I have done heads and cam with the short block in the car, wasn't to terrible. What annoys me the most is the stock K, with a tubular K it would be so much easier to work on. But the stock K is always in the way.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clean car Matt!

Depending on how much you can find a reliable drop out lt1, you might be better off just having the current motor overhauled. Maybe machine the block and new bearings and such so you know its good to go. The exterior looks beautiful. Auto will be perfect for a driver

*oops didnt see second page*

Good find!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

May just be the guy had the intake painted. I have a guy up here in Dallas who does head porting and such... Kim Barr.

I have access to a lift.. A buddy of mine and i just installed TSP Long tubes into my Firehawk yesterday! 4.5 hours...! Need to have Sean @ TSM re tune car and perhaps get a bullett welded into I pipe... No drone, backfire on decel.. Just a little crackle if is accelerate too fast... If i ease into it... sounds great. Running a Borla cat back..

I may just keep it stock for now... I have found a few C4 LT1's on Craigslist reasonably priced that i may throw in the car.. I would keep the numbers matching LT1 and have it gone through re worked... We'll see what happens. Ill post some pics once i am able to clean her up and store her for winter..

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
LT4 intake won't work with out LT4 heads, I would refresh the bottom and send the heads and intake over to some one like Advanced Induction or Lloyd Elliot, a good heads and cam set up in a M6 can make 415-430rwhp with the right parts. I have worked on my 93 a ton, I have done heads and cam with the short block in the car, wasn't to terrible. What annoys me the most is the stock K, with a tubular K it would be so much easier to work on. But the stock K is always in the way.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Thanks my friend... How's that C6 runnin?

Originally Posted by Y2K T.A.R.A.
clean car Matt!

Depending on how much you can find a reliable drop out lt1, you might be better off just having the current motor overhauled. Maybe machine the block and new bearings and such so you know its good to go. The exterior looks beautiful. Auto will be perfect for a driver

*oops didnt see second page*

Good find!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
It can be done but I don't really know why someone would dick around with that. The heads can be machined to mate with an LT4 intake manifold you see it but very rarely. But check the casting number on the manifold. If it's an LT4 it will say 12550631 or 12550630. The 630 number is also on the LT1 manifolds (some of them) but the first 5 digits will be different. The 12550630 was the number if the manifold came off a true LT4 car, the ones from the conversion you could buy were the 631 number.

Oh and yes the stock K member sucks a big one.

Op youre a douchenozzle by the way, picking up this car, lol. I've always wanted one just never found the right one. Good luck with your new toy, when you're tired of it give me a shout.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Hilarious...! I own it....

Very good info... I'll look at the numbers on the intake.. Thank you for the info.!

Have listed some VERY nice parts F/S in the Texas section to give my Fellow Texans an opportunity. If these do not sell by this weekend, i will put them in the F/S section and on CL...

Originally Posted by za355tx
It can be done but I don't really know why someone would dick around with that. The heads can be machined to mate with an LT4 intake manifold you see it but very rarely. But check the casting number on the manifold. If it's an LT4 it will say 12550631 or 12550630. The 630 number is also on the LT1 manifolds (some of them) but the first 5 digits will be different. The 12550630 was the number if the manifold came off a true LT4 car, the ones from the conversion you could buy were the 631 number.

Oh and yes the stock K member sucks a big one.

Op youre a douchenozzle by the way, picking up this car, lol. I've always wanted one just never found the right one. Good luck with your new toy, when you're tired of it give me a shout.

Quick Reply: Found another Fbod...