damn scammers

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default damn scammers

So i posted a second gen on craigslist to sell and some douche tried scamming me lol. If you guys want to have some fun go at it lmao.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what did he do exactly?

i had someone offer me a western union payment that was 2 grand over what i was asking on craigslist.....lol
Old 12-08-2012, 10:38 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah, you need to give us some details before we **** with the guy.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Here for details
Old 12-08-2012, 11:42 PM
TECH Junkie

I had 3 ads on craigslist. The first time I received a text asking if it was still available. I replied with yes, and I immediately received a huge text saying they would paypal $100 more than I was asking blah blah blah. I never responded. But received a text from the same number twice more for the other ads. I didn't respond again, and have since deleted the texts, but it was from a 646 number, not sure if its what you're experiencing/the same guy.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:31 AM
9 Second Club

http://800notes.com/AreaCode.aspx/1-646
Old 12-09-2012, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

1980 pontiac firebird trans am - $1500 (san antonio),Still For Sale? Yes it is.

sound good,Are you the first owner of it also what is the firm price and the present condition?
I dont know how many owners its had. Car does not have interior, just dash and steering wheel. Its actually in very good condition. There is only one small dent on one of the fenders. No engine or transmision. Its currently taken apart on the front end because i was cleaning it up to rebuild everything. That being said, Make me an offer.

(1/2) your price sounds acceptable,what are the present condition of it and i would like you to get back to me with some pic of it in my private e-mail at (2/2)Dalton900s@gmail.com and do you have a verified PayPal account?

Yea i have paypal but i want cash in person. (i sent him a pic as well showing how it currently sits)

i want you to get back to me with your paypal email also with some pics for me to effect the payment so that we can arrange for the pickup in time..Thanks

Right. Try your scam somewhere else. If you want to deal do it in person. I will not do paypal nor other type of payment other than cash. Nobody is picking up this car unless there is cash in my hand.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Launching!

good call dude...just the wording in the messages makes it sound fishy...
Old 12-09-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The second message gave it away to me. There is really no reason to ask if im the only owner in a car 30 years old in its current condition as the first question about the car. At least he hasnt tried again lol
Old 12-09-2012, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

FYI here is how the PayPal scam works.

1) You agree and you ship it off, they never send the money. (Who does that?)
2) They send you an email from a fake PayPal site and when you click on it and login they steal your login information and steal your money.

All in All never trust PayPal over craigslist and you already know it's a scam when the person doesn't refer to the actual thing for sale. Instead of Is the Trans Am for sale? you will get Is the item for sale, is the car for sale. These losers have no life, there is a site dedicated to ****** with these people by sending them boxes of **** and dead animals and rocks lol.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hahaha. That would have been funny. I actually thought about just going along with it, give him an address to pick up the car at a police station lmao
Old 12-09-2012, 05:09 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Had a friend I work with, from Africa actually, and he hates the Nigerians that scam people. He said if people stated sending explosive devices, they would start opening them with a long stick, but the way he animated it when he said that had me laughing to tears. His accent is hilarious. He is from Kenya, older gentlemen. I work with allot of Africans, and there are some that are great guys and friends for life. Some of the older ones, man...those guys talk pretty bad to the women we work with. But the Nigerians I work with that are my friends tell me brothers do not trust brothers in certain areas of their home land. Pretty crazy. Sounds like America. Lol
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a cat I work with from Kenya. He actually has 2 wife's. one over here and one over there. He brought the one over here to meet the one over there about 6 months ago. I didn't think he was gonna come back. Hahaha. Yea. He said that the north and the south don't get along.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
I had 3 ads on craigslist. The first time I received a text asking if it was still available. I replied with yes, and I immediately received a huge text saying they would paypal $100 more than I was asking blah blah blah. I never responded. But received a text from the same number twice more for the other ads. I didn't respond again, and have since deleted the texts, but it was from a 646 number, not sure if its what you're experiencing/the same guy.
This is the same thing that happened to me when I post cars on Craigslist. I like to mess with them even though some are just completely fake automated text messages.

Anything about Paypal on Craigslist is a complete scam. Then you get the random messages (Car still avaliable?). Those are the ones that **** me off the most because they ask for details and never respond or they just want more pictures. But I guess thats what I get for buying/selling cars so much. haha
Old 12-10-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife put some stuff on CL last week. The first person wanting them was "Are items still for sale?" What items do you want? No other reply's.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a computer. Sending texts to the number won't do anything. I had someone threaten to kill me over craigslist so i called the police and they ran the number and said it was a computer and since it was through texts it wasn't a serious threat. The courts view texts as "voluntary" so they wouldn't do anything.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a scam email I got in the past for a CL ad.

Hi,
I am interested ,and you should consider it sold .Actually ,I am
buying it for someone and payment would be through PayPal . I am
working in a ship and most of time i am out to sea.So it is an agent
that would be coming for the pick up.
I would be expecting your prompt reply,with the name and the
email address on your PayPal account so that i could make the payment
asap and i will appreciate if you could send more pics as i would
not be seeing it in person and pick up should be at a designated
place or your residence.And, lastly , i am offering additional $ 100
to your final price for you to keep it off from other offers; What is
your FINAL PRICE?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Crazy nigerians lol. Weird thing is that i put part of my phone number and the last one was spelled out.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Launching!

I just recived this on cl for my Nikon d90 add

buying it for someone and payment would be through PayPal . I am
working in Canada and will need to be shipped to Africa I would be expecting your prompt reply,with the name and the email address on your PayPal account so that i could make the payment asap and i will appreciate if you could send more pics as i would not be seeing it in person and pick up should be at a designated place or your residence. And, lastly , i am offering additional $ 100 to your final price for you to keep it off from other offers; What is your FINAL PRICE?

Then they came back with adding an additional $400 on top of my original price.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol. They should at least try to make it less fishy lol

Quick Reply: damn scammers