>>The TX2K13 thread<<

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 12:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeadFarmer
This was my first time attending TX2K, and I might get flamed for this, but my opinion of the event is EXTREMELY mixed.

Pros: 1. The cruise itself down to the event with friends and their cars was fun, as well as running into all the other cool cars which were also on their way to the event, throughout the whole trip. 2. Seeing all the different kinds of cars at the meets, the different parts of the country people had come from, and having plenty of time to take as many pictures as I wanted.....that's about it.

Cons: TERRIBLE organization as far as planning the events were concerned, as well as ridiculous pricing to get in to the events, considering what we got in return. My biggest problem was parking. Having to wait in a line of cars for about 20-30min just to get into the event in the 1st place. Then once we got there it became an off roading adventure to find parking (keep in mind nearly all the cars in attendance aren't exactly rally cars... to put in lightly).

At the night event parking congestion was so bad it took nearly 45min to get out of the grass fields (parking) in the pitch black, not to mention the exhaust on my and all my friends's cars took a massive beating during the parking process, not to mention the suspension, and for what you might ask? Absolutely nothing, just to walk around and oggle at some cars.

The line to dyno your car was ridiculous, as well as the time it took to drag your car on saturday (roughly and hour to get 1 pass)

This trip in total cost me about $500, and mind you I got nothing out of it, except getting to watch some drag racing and make make one 11sec pass (mind you it's the first pass I've made in my car).

In a nutshell I've come to the conclusion that TX2k is a victim of its own popularity, I feel like it's become nothing more than a machine to generate revenue, with nothing to give back to the attendees. On top of that I felt like only 10% of the cars there were to actually race, and everyone else was just in the way, and sadly I found myself part of that 90% and just being part of the problem.

I'll probably never attend the event again, and will stick to local and *underground* meets where I might actually get to meet people and have some *fun in mexico* as well, without having to pay $80 to get in.
I agree 100%. Aside from the bad *** people and the insane extracurricular activities, the event itself was very disappointing to say the least.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonypaul
I can understand your points completly, its the evolution of the sport. I remember many years ago I went to a couple Pinks events. Back when it was first starting, real grass roots, it was alot of fun to watch. But it didnt take long for it to grow and become a event to make money and it went completly cheesy.

I think tx2k will sadly follow this same evolution, it will outgrow its base and become "Fastest cars car show" only for big dollar performance shops and the elite. The grassroots part of it is leaving if not gone, if you dont have a 1500hp Lamborghini, GTR, Viper, Vette, or $150k-$200k+ car its no longer something a guy with 600hp turbo Mustang/Camaro/ect is going to enjoy as much.

The best thing tx2k has going right now is the people in attendance, bar none just great people. People were helping other people who broke down, needed a tool, or what ever, and good video coverage. If you didnt get to go or didnt see something theres a video of it on youtube or somewhere. Although its funny to see the videos posted online where everyone thats standing around in the background each has some kind of video device going as well. You see the same videos but from a different position.

I think they need to have mile and half mile events and make it were the normal guy can afford it and participate more.
Originally Posted by texas94z
I agree 100%. Aside from the bad *** people and the insane extracurricular activities, the event itself was very disappointing to say the least.
I will admit, all the people I did meet were really cool, and for the most part they new their stuff, thus there were very few ricers, if any. I'm sure if I had stayed in the omni I would have had a bit of a better time, but that would have also costed me another $300ish, turning down a friends offer to stay in their beautiful house, as well as the huge risk that comes with *runs in mexico with so many cars, in a big city*. Money wasn't really an object for the event for my friends and I though, we were prepared to pay for play....only problem was, the playground wasn't big enough.

I came down with the intention of walking away having had a bunch of fun on the track, nabbing myself a dyno vid of my car, and maybe some extracurricular. And if need be I was fine with leaving the event with my motor and tranny on its last legs, as long as I got to have fun and make good memories. So you can imagine the disappointment for my friends and I.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:36 AM
Teching In

I pretty much slept through all the "official" activities, but still had a blast
Old 03-22-2013, 05:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey everyone. If you have any Tx2k fails, vids,pics, etc please come post them here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tx2k-...ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 03-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Teching In

No night meet for me at the track next year. Way to unorganized to enjoy anything. Lighting is awful everywhere but in the staging lanes. Took an hour to just get out of the track. When I asked the girl at the booth where to park her exact response was " anywhere you can find, go that way I guess". I can see a $5 or $10 cover just to get in for $20 for nothing is a waste.
Ill just be visiting the Omni and up and down I10 again next year.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Default TX2K13 Preview Video

This is a TX2K13 Preview with more to come also like the Face Book Page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-M...17140511745976

Last edited by 2500HD6.0; 03-31-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: fixing links
Old 03-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Niiiice vid ^^
Old 03-31-2013, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice video !
Old 03-31-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

badass video
Old 03-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Finally found someones else that got a shot of my tbss

Thanks AIV, I'm sure the lights just got in the way of your shot lol

IMG_1156 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8388/8574281220_0c226c7d5f_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@8574281220@@AMEPARAM@@0c226c7d5f IMG_1156 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8388/8574281220_0c226c7d5f_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@8574281220@@AMEPARAM@@0c226c7d5f by AlwaysInVtec, on Flickr
Old 03-31-2013, 09:56 PM
Teching In

^ idk how to post that pic lol, it shows up just fine in the preview but not when I save...
Old 04-01-2013, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just save the pic and upload to photobucket then paste the IMG code on here
Old 04-01-2013, 07:51 AM
On The Tree

I live 25 minutes from the Sealy track. Been going there since it opened, used to do the CCB with friends back in the day, Quick 8 races in the 90's, TNT nights etc, familiar with the place. I hadn't been in a long time, things have really changed in the racing scene since then. I went Saturday to spectate first time I have made it to 2K, it's so early in the "season" that I always am busy with something else when this event comes to town.

1. Entry Fee (High) -- $20 per person is a little high for spectator. Maybe it's just the economy/value of the dollar thing, but I remember when you could race for $25..... I think $10-$15 per person would be more fair, maybe they got the price jacked so high to keep out some riff-raff, heck IDK.

2. Parking (yeah sucked but) -- I realize there just isn't room and that's why we had to park 1/4-1/2 mile away and walk, but the offroading part probably really sucked for car guys, I drive a truck so not as big of a deal. Was kind of expected due to size of event (large).

3. People (nice) -- Didn't run into too many "openly an *******" kind of people. Was a nice group, very into their racing/sport.

4. Cars (nice variety, BUT) -- Where were all the Mazda's? If I remember right RX-7
s are fast too (and maybe RX-8's? no?), were they not invited or just have some beef with the 2K group because of it's Supra founding aspect? I also expected to see more Z cars from Nissan, saw very few 300TT's or the newer 350/370 cars. Why? Also glad there wasn't 1000 honda civics with turbos.

5. Organization (wasn't none) -- As far as I could tell the only organization was that there was a group of GT-R's up front and a group of Supra's across toward the back and a group of late model Camaro's next to that. That was about it. Could we perhaps get some way to group the cars so the spectators can go straight to what they are interested in all in one spot? The event is huge and I think this would make people feel that it was "way more organized" if they could do so. Group the vettes, group the supra's group the GT-R's, yada yada... Would look very orgranized from a spectator point of view, and possibly from a racer point of view.

6. Racing (I didn't think that was too bad) -- However LSMP really should fix the speaker on top of the tower, it would have been nice to be able to hear more about what is going on. I don't know if ANY effort was made to group racers or if it was a free-for-all run what you brung T-N-T/grudge match event or what, was totally confused. Only hints as to what was going on was the class designations on the cars windshields. But it was very fun to watch!

All in all did I feel like I got my $40 worth (for myself and my wife entry fee as spectators) YES. However the above mentioned things would make it seem like I got MORE than my $40 worth which is always nice.

I can't speak about the street racing, the dyno day, or the Omni because I didn't go to any of that, maybe I will for TX2K14.

Love all the "TX2K13" videos on YouTube. All the stuff I missed I get to see anyway so it's great. Keep the event going!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

I have not been on website in quite some time. That is so awesome it made the news. Too bad for us is shows us getting DRUG.

I didnt even read this thread because of all the pages but wanted to answer the question. YES, the AWD Lambos can be beat.

Not making excuses because they did drag our *** at TK this year but we never should have ran them. We were having fuel pump issues and the proefi kept hitting the fuel cut because of pressure drop so the boost was turned down and NO nitrous. AGAIN, not making excuses for that day because we did loose and major props to them for having a FAST car, but the lambos can be beaten. I even think a couple lost to a porsche this past weekend.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

When is the rematch Corvette vs lambo ?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ain't happening unless those Lambos end up in the middle east.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup^ lol They be gettting crazy out in Dubai with these cars. Not to mention that the Dubai Police already got some new toys also to try keeping up.

Quick Reply: >>The TX2K13 thread<<