Bracket Racing in/around Houston ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bracket Racing in/around Houston ?

Do any of the tracks have a street stock type of bracket racing nights anymore ?
I used to bracket race out at Sealy almost 10 years ago a couple nights a week. From what Ive found now its all just grudge racing or test and tune nights available. IMHO bracket racing was way more fun then just running down the track to just see what you run. Tests the driver and your ability to know your car and how to handle it. Spend many passes trying to get the dial in just right and accounting for all the variables to get as close as you can.
Anyone know if any of the tracks around the Houston area offer bracket events ?
HMP ?, Baytown ?, Sealy ?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

RPR has a bracket series. Check the schedule on their website for dates. Next one is May 11th and 12th.

Sealy has an IHRA bracket series, too.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXMaro
RPR has a bracket series. Check the schedule on their website for dates. Next one is May 11th and 12th.

Sealy has an IHRA bracket series, too.
I saw that on their website and went to the results page and noticed the "foot brake" class. The cars in that class are still running low 6s 1/8 miles @100+mph.
Doesnt look like they have a street stock style class with the 10,11,12 sec cars.

From what I remember out at sealy you had to have DOT approved tires(et streets, or drag radials), valid inspection, and few other things to qualify it as a "street" car and run the street bracket class.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

No, they don't have a "street" bracket class, its all mixed in with foot brake. There is a few low 6 cars, but most of them are high 6 to mid 7s. But it's a bracket so what does it matter?

I've never run Sealy's so I couldn't tell you there.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sealy and RPR-HRP, what ever it's called now, allow 2 steps in footbrake class. Back when I started bracket racing in the mid 90's, there was a street class. Had to have a inspection, insurance, street tires, etc.......The tracks have taken all the fun out of bracket racing now, that's one of the reasons I don't do it anymore. Hennesy at Sealy doesn't like bracket racing, it's Gary the tech guy that is pushing for it out there. Seth at HRP-RPR is a snobbish brat that is loaded with money and doesn't care about bracket racing either.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just go to Bayou Drag this Saturday at Lonestar Motorsports

Quick Reply: Bracket Racing in/around Houston ?