Shop warning!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013 | 12:51 PM
Teching In

My join date sucks, so that means IDKS. But PwerFab has done a good job with my car.

Every shop, if it's been in business long enough, has customers that can't seem to be pleased. Every one of them.
Old 04-16-2013 | 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

learn how to work on your own ****
Old 04-16-2013 | 07:02 PM
Teching In

Ignoring all the hearsay about he said, she said...

I will add that seeing the OP in person and how he acts and talks will make all of this make complete sense. He is not normal. He is odd. He says some crazy ****. Granted, I'm a Powerfab customer and my only experiences are when he comes through the door or at the drag strip where he spouted some of the dumbest things I have ever heard.
Old 04-16-2013 | 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Like what ^^^?
Old 04-16-2013 | 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ganador01
Ignoring all the hearsay about he said, she said...

I will add that seeing the OP in person and how he acts and talks will make all of this make complete sense. He is not normal. He is odd. He says some crazy ****. Granted, I'm a Powerfab customer and my only experiences are when he comes through the door or at the drag strip where he spouted some of the dumbest things I have ever heard.
Kettle calling the Pot Black?
Old 04-16-2013 | 11:08 PM
Staging Lane

do yall guys see how many new accounts they made to try to say there a good shop
Old 04-17-2013 | 07:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Kettle calling the Pot Black?
Not disagreeing with you. But, I'm not on a forum trying to talk **** about someone's business when I'm the one making the retarded decisions...
Old 04-17-2013 | 07:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 9Green-Z8
do yall guys see how many new accounts they made to try to say there a good shop
I think what you see is people who normally wouldn't post, coming on to defend the bullshit coming from his direction. I post on lots of forums under this name. Just not this one.
Old 04-17-2013 | 08:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 9Green-Z8
I wouldn't take the time to register on a forum to defend my mother, much less a perfromance shop. Just calling it like I see it. But then, IDKS.
Old 04-17-2013 | 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

As far as the lady backing into the car they could have said tough ****. if you don't like them find another shop.
Old 04-17-2013 | 11:28 AM
Launching!

Powerfab did some work on my car and I have no complaints. I've been on this site for years. I would be hott about some of the listed issues but I don't know the whole story . My experience with the shop has been positive and I can't say that about others in Houston. LMR being one of those ..
Old 04-17-2013 | 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Footlead
Powerfab did some work on my car and I have no complaints. I've been on this site for years. I would be hott about some of the listed issues but I don't know the whole story . My experience with the shop has been positive and I can't say that about others in Houston. LMR being one of those ..
You have a beautiful car...
Old 04-17-2013 | 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
learn how to work on your own ****
Agreed 100%!! saves money and hassles like this...
Old 04-17-2013 | 09:33 PM
Launching!

Default Work on my Car.

I do some things on my car but when I need the ( I cant get to crap or I dont have the knowledge and I need a car lift **** done) I take it to Bad Chad because he knows his LS stuff and hes honest and not full of excuses why its not done and does it right. PowerFab tuned my car and they have a Dyno and my experience with them was good also.
Old 04-21-2013 | 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Crowhater
I have brought them a great deal of business and my friend has spend a great deal with them also because I suggest them. They have done a 416 short block swap, heads, cam, exhaust, tune, clutch, meth, nitrous, etc, etc on his ZL1. They said it made 720rwhp and 740 torque, we just had it dynoed at a different shop and it made 630rwhp. After the new shop go rid of their tune the car made 710rwhp and it now runs like a beast. I also had another friend bring in his ZR1 corvette and after they tuned it the ride control no longer worked. They installed a carbon rear diffuser and akapov exhaust but the mild to wild has never worked right. He was so put off with their work he went back and had them remove their tune. don't take my word for it just go to you tube and you can see the cars I am talking about. I gave them every chance to mke this right but they dug in and refused to refund half my money even though they only installed one cooler. Now they are saying if I bring it back they will install the cooler free of charge. It is to late for that I no longer trust them with my car, nor will I refer them to anyone.
I knew some of this sounded familiar, so here's a flag for the OP. This car ended up with a whole new motor.

Back in Sept 2012 it was the same old stuff...
complaining about how PowerFab supposedly trashed your friends ZL1, yet you continue to use their shop.
We where all wrong! Two broke rocker studs, several cracked and a couple bent push rods
Then I see this posted in Nov 2012.
We are selling a ZL1 Short block with 4000 miles on it for $3000.00. The engine is in perfect condition and is located in Houston. The engine was swapped out so we no longer have a need for the short block.
6 or 7 posts and then gone... just like what will no doubt happen here. Registering on a new forum every time you want to vent your frustrations is pretty lame.

Last edited by mlee; 04-21-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2013 | 09:17 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

That response above from Powerfab (CarConnection) might be THE best shop response I've ever seen on this site. Ever. Very professional, detailed, and documented. Honestly, more shops should take notes like this, a log of each customer car build - just like your doctor keeps a log on each patient.
Old 04-23-2013 | 12:19 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

I agree Tony. It was almost like they knew more about the car than the OP.
Old 04-25-2013 | 08:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
X2, I guess if John Force joined today and posted about an bad experiance he would get shut down too...
Old 04-25-2013 | 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
That response above from Powerfab (CarConnection) might be THE best shop response I've ever seen on this site. Ever. Very professional, detailed, and documented. Honestly, more shops should take notes like this, a log of each customer car build - just like your doctor keeps a log on each patient.
IDK about that, Ive seen a few other very well written and documented replies before; But its absolutely in the top ten.

The name of the game is cover your *** and it seems we have a professional and an amateur.
Old 04-28-2013 | 10:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
IDK about that, Ive seen a few other very well written and documented replies before; But its absolutely in the top ten.

The name of the game is cover your *** and it seems we have a professional and an amateur.

This guy is posting a very 1 sides half truth story on every LS based forum it seems. Very lame. OP forgets to mention he was comped work as a peace offering to him throwing a temper tantrum... Yet he still puts them on blast all over the net.

I use PF a lot and I like them a lot. No complaints here.

Quick Reply: Shop warning!!!!!!