ls engine builder

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does R and R mean? Which company do I need to use or contact? Kp racing? Lme? Who can I take my car to and have them finish it
Old 11-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ws6guy27
What does R and R mean? Which company do I need to use or contact? Kp racing? Lme? Who can I take my car to and have them finish it
It means that ain't gonna pull your engine and replace it. They will just build your engine.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

To save you some time and distance, Talk to SNL performance. They use H squared and can start and finish your R&R (removal and re-install).
Old 11-22-2013, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

Where is this place at? Got a address? Whats there prices like? There professionals? Turn around time? What city?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Found there website and emailed them.. website kinda fucky. How goods there work? And thats alot closer.. but are they respectable?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

I personally know Chris Wheelock from SNL. He's a really good guy, great driver and somebody I've purchased stuff from in the past. I'll give him a shout for ya.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Okay. I can have my car there monday. With all the parts. There may be little misc stuff that he could easily get. Im soo ready get car done and back home before weather gets to shitty. I keep my car garage kept. Just reqdy see the beast running
Old 11-23-2013, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Dude, if you're dropping your car off now at any performance shop, expecting them to R&R your motor and send it out to be built, you're looking at a good amount of time. Performance shops and engine builders get swamped this time of year with racing season ending. Just thought I'd let ya know.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

Well thats fine. As lomg as it gets in there and started on. And eventually finished.. as long as its done right and last long
Old 11-23-2013, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

So snl is where I nees to go? Needimg to drop off car and r snd r and get it running
Old 11-23-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Can any of u guys tell me whose shop yal used and what was done and price on the differenet shops? Just trying figure stuff out
Old 11-23-2013, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not use SNL.... My buddy just went through a nightmare with work from them.

His engine is currently being built at H Squared and being installed himself. Likely tuned by LMR.

If you can't pull the motor and do the labor yourself....expect to spend serious cash..

If I had to select a shop to R&R an engine an tune it, it would likely be LMR base off of my experience and my closest buddy's experience in the Houston area with supercharged Vettes.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I would not use SNL.... My buddy just went through a nightmare with work from them.

His engine is currently being built at H Squared and being installed himself. Likely tuned by LMR.

If you can't pull the motor and do the labor yourself....expect to spend serious cash..

If I had to select a shop to R&R an engine an tune it, it would likely be LMR base off of my experience and my closest buddy's experience in the Houston area with supercharged Vettes.

What happened to his build? And lmr sounds great but im needing to have car took to whomever and get it all running? What did snl charge and what did they **** up. I want to take it and not worry about it
Old 11-23-2013, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Found there website and emailed them.. website kinda fucky. How goods there work? And thats alot closer.. but are they respectable?
Originally Posted by winters97gt
I personally know Chris Wheelock from SNL. He's a really good guy, great driver and somebody I've purchased stuff from in the past. I'll give him a shout for ya.
Can any of u guys tell me whose shop yal used and what was done and price on the differenet shops? Just trying figure stuff out
I had heads and my Fast 92 put on by SNL earlier this year and my dad had his heads, cam and radiator all swapped by them as well over the summer. They do good work, and back up what they've done. As has been stated, Chris Wheelock is top notch. He knows his stuff, as does the owner Steve, and the installer John. OP, they'll do what you want, and recommend changes if there are things that don't make good sense. As for who they'll use for your motor, if you want it sent to H squared, they'll do it. They also have a local builder they use that is also good, but as has been the consensus is here, H squared builds good stuff and comes highly recommended.

In the last 3 months alone, they've put out 3 1k plus fully built cars, and 2SSamre recently sent his CTS-V there for a twin turbo 434 LSX build. They can build some nice cars.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

Ok well the owner emailed me. And said he would have a guy call me. He said his name but I forgot. So im just nervous. I just want good work done. and have it last a while. Id like for them to send the motor and have it built and looked at. And snl or kp racing or somone pjt it all together and get my car running. I just dont know much about these shops. Iv been in houston.. tyler.. dallas. . dfw. Ect. Just from oklahoma. And going have it hauled down to whereever it needs to go. iv spent alot of money on the parts I have bought to get all this ready. Everything is packed amd ready to be hauled to... whichever place.. just gathering all the information I can and research and talk to many many people and decide. Soon as I decide I can load car up and stuff and be on mg way
Old 11-24-2013, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

So anymore input from experienced builders and what the cost of ur build was and where...
Old 11-24-2013, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

selling my motor prep'd for boost. pm if interested
Old 11-24-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Im also looking for good shop.. waiting on emails. And wanting personsl experiences with these shops.. price.. ect..

Quick Reply: ls engine builder