Hp motorsports in katy tx?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my thermostat refused to open when i put the new engine in. i was racking my brain trying to figure it out. For me, the car just kind of needed some time. I was racking my brain for a while and when i went back to the car to try again, the thermostat had already opened or decided to open when i ran it again. I bet if you try again today you'll be alright.

my method is pour in slowly, burp the system by compressing and releasing the coolant hoses (i hear you can also take the line off the TB bypass to get more air out), when full, i idle it for 20 minutes so the thermo can cycle and after that, i drive it.

I hear the fbodys like either the front or back to be jacked up when filling with coolant. i didnt do that though. best of luck to you.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YES! Finally bitch *** Owen (ard) is done. What a thieving pile of ****. Horrible customer service, even worse tuning than a 3 year old banging the laptop blindingly.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:45 AM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thermostats are useless in Houston
Old 02-24-2016, 10:47 AM
9 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think i saw something that they're hosting a no prep thing during tx2k.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jasonz28camaro
Don't go. Bad customer service and they do not have a good tuner, in fact they have a terrible tuner that has to search ALL issues he runs into.
The HP owner fired their tuner. He now works at D3. I saw one car leave there because he didn't know how to change the rev limiter that was lowered at LMR awaiting fuel upgrades.

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Best part, I slam his has and expose him for all I can on Facebook on Houston Camaro/firebird. Noticed he is a member and never has anything to say. Of course there are those that swear by him. I told them that even if he does good work now, it does not make up for a life time of ******* folks over.
Recently saw a nice hole in the side of an LS3 block from one of his recent jobs. Same ole stuff.

Originally Posted by soloman369
I think i saw something that they're hosting a no prep thing during tx2k.
I saw that too but I think it's just carry over advertising from previous years. But who knows... he may show up and oil down the track for us.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mlee
The HP owner fired their tuner. He now works at D3. I saw one car leave there because he didn't know how to change the rev limiter that was lowered at LMR awaiting fuel upgrades.

Recently saw a nice hole in the side of an LS3 block from one of his recent jobs. Same ole stuff.

I saw that too but I think it's just carry over advertising from previous years. But who knows... he may show up and oil down the track for us.
I gotta buddy that works at a Chevrolet dealership, they caught old chucky-poo in a bay returning the ECU of a car in for warranty work to stock. Engine was ticking like a bomb and he would have gotten away with it if it weren't for the fact he was revving the **** out of the vehicle right there in the bay, ******* moron. Apparently it was another one his tuning misadventures and chuckles was trying to get the car warrantied via one of his buddies at the dealer. Service/Shop manager wasn't having any of it
Old 02-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Teching In

I heard that josh dude from HP was at D3. You would think they would know by now but he does speak faster than a used car salesman. Loves throwing in the fact he went to the tuning School. Whatever. Just glad I had mine towed out of there after he beat on it for almost two days.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hou_tx_ss
I heard that josh dude from HP was at D3. You would think they would know by now but he does speak faster than a used car salesman. Loves throwing in the fact he went to the tuning School. Whatever. Just glad I had mine towed out of there after he beat on it for almost two days.
Yeah, that's who I was talking about above. D3 has tuners so they should be just fine.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Current tuner at HP Motorsports is Daniel Moore. Tuner at D3/Prospeed is Josh Hofstra.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:48 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Josh is working in a sales capacity rather than tuning.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Jay is in deep ****....appears that he killed his wife.

https://abc13.com/5233802/
Old 04-22-2019, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
Jay is in deep ****....appears that he killed his wife.

https://abc13.com/5233802/
Yup, he's toast.

He certainly murdered a ton of motors but never thought he was capable of this.

Quick Reply: Hp motorsports in katy tx?