Good paint and body

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good paint and body

Learn me on a trusted shop that you have used and would recommend. Need a quarter panel replaced and a complete color change, including the under hood, door jams, and trunk areas. Going from a red to a plain Jane white.

Would like it to be anywhere within the Beltway but preferably in the SE, if possible.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Good luck to you. It is so hard to find a CONSISTENTLY good paint and body shop it is sad. I have used body shops and been amazed at the quality and returned for a **** job so many times I could give up.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:48 AM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

International Paint and Body in Pearland does good work.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:56 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dannyscustomcars.com he is off of 2920

The guy is my uncle and is BADASS and relatively inexpensive. Well known in the classic car community. PM if you would like more details.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:06 PM
TECH Junkie

PM me the details
Old 12-21-2015, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

5w20 did you ever end up finding anyone to do the paint work. I am looking to get a bed cover and have it painted.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Nope.

Getting the vehicle driveable first. Really looking for a new edge body, if I don't find one in time I'll just work with this SN95.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I need to get my new edge painted. I've been piecing together an 03 cobra body kit. Red trunk, burgundy bumper, silver side skirts, silver mirrors, unpainted oem bumper.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1bad03snake
I need to get my new edge painted. I've been piecing together an 03 cobra body kit. Red trunk, burgundy bumper, silver side skirts, silver mirrors, unpainted oem bumper.
that's what I want to do and some export/99 cobra tail lights
Old 12-30-2015, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

If you're just looking for racecar paint, the Maaco on Bear Creek near Katy has done like 4-5 racecars for buddies of mine, and my truck I use to pull my trailer, and honestly I can't even find anything to dislike about it. Stupid cheap, truck sits outside and was painted 2.5 years ago and looks great, and paint has held up great so far. Other vehicles are all friend's track cars and still look great.

Talk to Chuck over there tell him Mike Peters referred, he's a total car guy too so he cuts silly deals if he thinks it's cool. They shockingly will typically have some cars that go to Autorama and stuff in there, it's a very strange "Maaco" a friend told me about years ago.

If you're looking for high end stuff, SMT Auto Body is the place to go.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
If you're just looking for racecar paint, the Maaco on Bear Creek near Katy has done like 4-5 racecars for buddies of mine, and my truck I use to pull my trailer, and honestly I can't even find anything to dislike about it. Stupid cheap, truck sits outside and was painted 2.5 years ago and looks great, and paint has held up great so far. Other vehicles are all friend's track cars and still look great.

Talk to Chuck over there tell him Mike Peters referred, he's a total car guy too so he cuts silly deals if he thinks it's cool. They shockingly will typically have some cars that go to Autorama and stuff in there, it's a very strange "Maaco" a friend told me about years ago.

If you're looking for high end stuff, SMT Auto Body is the place to go.
ive heard the same thing about this Maaco as well.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:29 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I used Master's in Houston to repaint my Trans Am, they beat their dead line and got the car knocked out. They were expensive but they went above and beyond and it came out way nicer than I could have ever hoped for.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Sadly, that Maaco is under new ownership. Had some language issues trying to describe what I wanted. Have no idea if the painters are the same or now different.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
dannyscustomcars.com he is off of 2920

The guy is my uncle and is BADASS and relatively inexpensive. Well known in the classic car community. PM if you would like more details.
I've always thought the only way to get a nice paint job was to take it to a custom shop. The primary focus is a lot more likely to be in the details rather than how fast the cars can be pumped in and out of the shop.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:06 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
I've always thought the only way to get a nice paint job was to take it to a custom shop. The primary focus is a lot more likely to be in the details rather than how fast the cars can be pumped in and out of the shop.
That logic an be applied to many things in the car world.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:54 PM
TECH Veteran

That logic an be applied to many things in the car world.
Except you don't really have a second option with other things. Mechanical work goes to the mechanic because custom guys don't do diag and a lot of repair (they don't usually have the equipment to do it anyway). Interior, performance, and stereo work only go to shops that are considered custom work because the mechanic doesn't do it, because he isn't set up to. Paint is pretty much the only one where you have two viable options where there are two types of facilities completely set up to do the job and one is very likely to do better than the other.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:24 PM
8 Second Club

Except you don't really have a second option with other things. Mechanical work goes to the mechanic because custom guys don't do diag and a lot of repair (they don't usually have the equipment to do it anyway). Interior, performance, and stereo work only go to shops that are considered custom work because the mechanic doesn't do it, because he isn't set up to. Paint is pretty much the only one where you have two viable options where there are two types of facilities completely set up to do the job and one is very likely to do better than the other.
I disagree completely. There is always a custom or more qualified option in the automotive world. You just have to know where to look.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:41 PM
TECH Veteran

I disagree completely. There is always a custom or more qualified option in the automotive world. You just have to know where to look.
Did you read past the first sentence?

If so then maybe you didn't understand what I meant.

I didn't say there were no options, I said that paint and body is the only real area where you have 2 viable options as far as shops that have different goals but common equipment, you can take it to 2 types of places that have very different focus and they are both fully setup to do the work. Custom shops aren't usually equipped with scanners, repair data systems and books, etc etc. And most mechanic shops are only setup up to do repair, not custom stereos and interiors etc. That's what I said before, and you disagree with that.

How many types of mechanic shops are there? Are there repair and custom repair? No, they are just repair. Now you can find a guy at a custom shop that can swap an alternator but doesn't mean he has a scanner that has datastream capability. But you can go to Service King for body repair and you can go to Georges custom paint and they will usually both have the same equipment and can both get the job done. But one will have more focus on detail than the other. I DID NOT say you can't find a better shop.

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 08-20-2016 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:58 AM
8 Second Club

Did you read past the first sentence?

If so then maybe you didn't understand what I meant.

I didn't say there were no options, I said that paint and body is the only real area where you have 2 viable options as far as shops that have different goals but common equipment, you can take it to 2 types of places that have very different focus and they are both fully setup to do the work. Custom shops aren't usually equipped with scanners, repair data systems and books, etc etc. And most mechanic shops are only setup up to do repair, not custom stereos and interiors etc. That's what I said before, and you disagree with that.

How many types of mechanic shops are there? Are there repair and custom repair? No, they are just repair. Now you can find a guy at a custom shop that can swap an alternator but doesn't mean he has a scanner that has datastream capability. But you can go to Service King for body repair and you can go to Georges custom paint and they will usually both have the same equipment and can both get the job done. But one will have more focus on detail than the other. I DID NOT say you can't find a better shop.
Yes and you clearly missed the point. Good day.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes and you clearly missed the point. Good day.
You haven't made a point yet that anyone can miss, just posted highly obvious information. I can tell you're just trying to up your post count, you know you can actually read thoroughly and still post, right?

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 08-21-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Good paint and body