Drag Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019 | 02:40 PM
Teching In

Good info. I called Viking last week to get installed height of my shocks and what not and they said some people strap the rear down on the rack to simulate weight transfer. Ever heard of this?
Old 04-22-2019 | 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

B&B definitely know what they're doing. They did my T/A (not a drag car, but full suspension and lowered), and did my truck after a total front end rebuild.
Old 04-22-2019 | 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jason Lester
Good info. I called Viking last week to get installed height of my shocks and what not and they said some people strap the rear down on the rack to simulate weight transfer. Ever heard of this?
I'm guessing they mean it would simulate the squat so you can see the specs squatted. It's a good idea for max hook out of the hole and while squatted under power. The factory settings have the wheels cambered in for cornering and when it squats they camber in further. So if you strap it down and set the tires at 0 degrees camber you'd have max tire contact while it's squatted down. If that all makes sense.

Of course none of this is an issue with a straight axle, only with independent rear suspension
Old 05-01-2019 | 06:11 PM
Teching In

Hey I wanted to report a positive experience with B&B in Houston for performance alignments. I'm finally making headway on my car now! Ran a best of 10.03 last Saturday and the trans started acting up. Will be in that 9 second life soon!

Old 05-07-2019 | 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

I recommend Southwest Allignment over on Richmond near Fondren. Great guys and he setup my pinion and everything for me after i swapped to tubular everything.

Quick Reply: Drag Alignment