State inspection question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts
Default State inspection question

So it has been a minute since I have had something older. My car is 02 Z. It has no check engine lights.It has the security light on, and I can not get it to go away. I guess I need to try and disconnect the negative battery cable. It has a heavy gas smell at all times. I know it needs to be tuned. I have roughly a month until the inspection is out. My question is. It has long tubes, a high flow cat or at least that is what it looks like and a stock muffler. Not sure why the older gentlemen I got it from locally did that, but that is on my list of changes. Do I need to worry about it passing the emissions part? If so I need to look for a stock system and headers to swap out soonish. What do y'all think? TIA.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

You shouldn't have a problem, so long as the check engine light isn't on, and the monitors are all ready.
The following users liked this post:
strutaeng (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
You shouldn't have a problem, so long as the check engine light isn't on, and the monitors are all ready.
That is what I figured, but just wanted to make sure. Thank you for your response.

Quick Reply: State inspection question