"brake" light???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "brake" light???

anyone have the brake light come on for no reason? and I did check the e-brake. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check your brake fluid level. If it is low enough it will cause the same brake light to come on.
Alan
Old 12-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Teching In

I wish I could help you, but my brake light doesn't come on at all, even with the e-brake engaged.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:31 AM
12 Second Club

when I was installing a shifter on my 99 z28, I took the center console off and could see the parking brake assembly. At the bottom of the brake handle there is a little contact switch, I think its a ground, when the handle is down I think it connects the ground. When the e brake is not engaged I think it breaks a ground contact and I guess this goes to the gauge light. so if the switch if messed up, it may: a-not make the ground contact ever, signalling e brake is on, or b-always making the ground contact and e brake is always off.
I am not totally sure if all this is correct, I just saw the switch and assumed these things. Hope this info helps
Kenny
Old 12-11-2004, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1STGEN68-2000SS
Check your brake fluid level. If it is low enough it will cause the same brake light to come on.
Alan
Thanks you guys for the input. Seems like you were right Alan. First, I thought it was a problem with my SLP line lock, but I jumped the gun and forgot about the simple stuff. Checked the fluid level and it was very low. I filled to the recommended line and the light goes off with the ebrake down.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by fastflames
Thanks you guys for the input. Seems like you were right Alan. First, I thought it was a problem with my SLP line lock, but I jumped the gun and forgot about the simple stuff. Checked the fluid level and it was very low. I filled to the recommended line and the light goes off with the ebrake down.

cool beans, problem solved