texan using octane boost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:56 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02-4.8
It said to mix the whole bottle with atleast 16 gallons of gas, I just dumped the whole thing into the half full tank of my 4wheeler
i just busted out laughing after reading that, PERFECT smiley
Old 03-25-2005, 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SJRTX
The only thing that will REALLY work is Tetraethyl Lead. Lead is illegal to use on a street car. NOR do you want to use it if you have cats. It would clog them up. Air plane (piston engine) fuel uses lead. Thats why you hear all the old timers talking about getting gas at the airport. Also, the performance rating of airplane fuel is rated in lean condition, so 110 performance rating aircraft fuel would have a greater rating in street motor.

Another interesting tid bit....Nitromethane's chemical formula is CH3NO2 and gasoline is usually something like C8H18

If you have a basic chemistry understanding, youll notice the Nitrogen and 2 oxygens that nitromethane has but gasoline does not.

this means that where gasoline requires about 14.6 pounds of air to burn 1lb of gasoline, nitromethane only needs 1.7lbs of air to burn 1lb of nitro. Nitromethane supplies its own oxygen, so the engine doesnt need to breathe in as much air as it would for gasoline.

Additives you can buy arent worth the money you pay for them. Its like legal supplements versus REAL steroids. There is no comparison. But of course, the good stuff is always illegal.

Thats how top fuel motors are able to run on the verge of hydrolock. Meaning. at the top of each compression stroke the combustion chamber is almost completely full of liquid, but it will still ignite and burn well, although it burns much longer-causing the flames you see coming out the headers on a top fuel car.
I know some guys who buy some gas at the airport but they wont run just that they make sure they have some regular gas in the tank before they go and put that **** in there.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about the 4-6 ring polynuclear aeromatic compounds? lol