missing front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default missing front license plate

this morning i woke up to find that i had lost my front license plate. not just the plate but the whole mount. somewhere along my journy to UTA it got ripped off and i think it was at jack in the box. i kinda don't want to go find it cause now my parents can't force me to keep my front license plate lol. but at the same time i don't want some tool to find it and drive around with my license plate getting me in trouble with the police. should i find it? or better yet... should i let my parents know that i found it? or just hide it under my back seats? lol
Old 06-03-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

i don't want some tool to find it and drive around with my license plate getting me in trouble with the police.
Wouldn't the cops run the plate and it would pull up your car? I mena if they are in some POS with your plate, I think the cop would know the difference. Unless they are in the same camaro as you. What would be the odds of that.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:39 AM
B T
Launching!

You might want to find it.
They are not cheap to replace, you will have to get a new set. $$

Texas state law requires the front plate to be on the car.

Without it, your just giving a cop a reason to pull you over and give you a ticket.

Good luck finding it.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Junkie

how bad are the cops in Ft. Worth about having the front plate??? I wouldnt go allover the place looking for it either....
Old 06-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by shouldaboughttheZ
Wouldn't the cops run the plate and it would pull up your car? I mena if they are in some POS with your plate, I think the cop would know the difference. Unless they are in the same camaro as you. What would be the odds of that.
that's what i mean. they can get away with it untill they get pulled over and i'm sure if my plates are on another car i'm gonna get crap for it as well as the guy that put the plate on his car. and the cops aren't that bad around here in the burleson area. they mostly just sit around until someone calls the station for a disturbance. they suck as cops. i mean come on... they had their own police station toilet papered! but yeah i have one idea where it will be. if i can't find it i guess i'm just gonna hide when i pass a cop...
Old 06-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by B T
You might want to find it.
They are not cheap to replace, you will have to get a new set. $$

Texas state law requires the front plate to be on the car.

Without it, your just giving a cop a reason to pull you over and give you a ticket.

Good luck finding it.

Actually its not that expensive to replace the plates. To replace specialty plates its only $5.30.

Tx law does require plates issued before Sept 1, 2005 to be placed in their proper locations on the car.

However if he stalls his parents or avoids the cops, til sept 1st and applys to get replacement tags, he can leave the front one off.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
how bad are the cops in Ft. Worth about having the front plate??? I wouldnt go allover the place looking for it either....
FW cops aren't bad at all, if your in the ghetto, they'll hassle you, but if your in a good area they could care less. I have a friend that works on the patrol divison(the ones that run around checking on burglaries and such) he says he only rights on average 1 speeding ticket a year. So w/o a front plate i doubt they'd care.....However if traffic see's you, you might be in for some haggling.