headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight problem

Just got home and my driver side headlight on my 00 T/A wont go down and stays up. Iam thinking that the headlight motor went out. Can anyone tell if that mey be the problem and how musch do they cost to replace.

Also is there anyway that i can get the headlight dowm till it gets repaired?? Thanks
Old 06-04-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

welcome to the world of headlight problems. Those headlights is what makes me want to sell my car at times. I've become a headlight expert. Well, you didn't say anything about it making a buzzing noise so the gear may be ready to give up on you then it'll start making that buzzing sound. Check the electrical connection too. I just had a problem with the connection last week. Just disconnect the healight/headlight motor connector and give it a visual inspection. Make sure nothing is fried. If you think the motor just doesn't work over all, you can disconnect the headlight assembly and turn on your lights on and off to see if the motor responds. if it doesn't respond i would check the connector. You can manually drop the lights. Need to take off the bracket that holds the headlight steady, so you can have more hand room. Take off the rubber cover that has a 2inch high nipple sticking up and you'll see the wheel you turn. I'll gladly help you if you want. I know how much of a head ache those lights can be, so let me know if you want me to come by. I don't mind at all.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Check ur PM

Originally Posted by thebatman411
welcome to the world of headlight problems. Those headlights is what makes me want to sell my car at times. I've become a headlight expert. Well, you didn't say anything about it making a buzzing noise so the gear may be ready to give up on you then it'll start making that buzzing sound. Check the electrical connection too. I just had a problem with the connection last week. Just disconnect the healight/headlight motor connector and give it a visual inspection. Make sure nothing is fried. If you think the motor just doesn't work over all, you can disconnect the headlight assembly and turn on your lights on and off to see if the motor responds. if it doesn't respond i would check the connector. You can manually drop the lights. Need to take off the bracket that holds the headlight steady, so you can have more hand room. Take off the rubber cover that has a 2inch high nipple sticking up and you'll see the wheel you turn. I'll gladly help you if you want. I know how much of a head ache those lights can be, so let me know if you want me to come by. I don't mind at all.
If ur not busy I could use the Help in determing if the Motor Went out Check ur PM
Old 06-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Banned

my headlight motor just went last night too
Old 06-09-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default headlight

Originally Posted by SlowTA
my headlight motor just went last night too

It could be a number of things that might be wrong. When mine went out i thought my motor went out and i was going to have to buy another one but luckily Josh (the batman411) help me and fixed my headlight. He took the headlight cover off and slightly bent back one of the prongs in the housing connectors which wasent making contact therefore causing the motor not to spin. It works like new now. Lots of thanks to Josh. You may want to check your connectors, fuses and ip dimmer fuses. It could be something very simple to correct and spare you the cost of spending money on a new motor. Iam not an expert but if you need help let me know I saw how Batman411 did it. Let me know and i can call him if hes not busy then maybe he can help also
Old 06-09-2005, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

do the search and find the guy that makes the metal motor gear.