Creatine?? Good or Bad???

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 02:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/creatine.html

a little history on creatine, what it does to your body and how it will effect you ...
Old 08-24-2005, 03:41 AM
Mustang Moderator

Wink

Originally Posted by gabeg94z
yeah i want to lose weight and gain muscle, i might have to start on dieting first and then start taking something after a while, does that sound right?
If you just started lifting, then thats a good start.

Just the lifting alone, you will lose weight. You'll lose fat and gaim some muscle. If you're eating like usual, this will plateau pretty quick, and you'll be sorta stuck unless you change stuff. The biggest thing to losing weight is your diet. As the saying goes, abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Get on a healthy diet. Easiest way is to eat smaller portions, but eat more times throughout the day. Its also very easy to lose weight by cutting out carbonated drinks. Stick to water and milk and some juices(although sugary, nothing beats a big glass of ice cold OJ!)

As far as the creatine, I wouldn't worry about it. Buy some good Whey protein and take it immediately after lifting, along with a serving of dextrose(all miced with water) for that insulin spike you're looking for, and you're good to go. Wait a while before using creatine. It isn't hardcore, but you have so much growing WAITING to happen, that its almost a waste to spend money on creatine right away.

Sorry for the long post, and good luck!

Arron
Old 08-24-2005, 04:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

remember u dont even need protein powders. if u can get your daily protein intake from real food, it would be alot better. shakes are for when u dont have time to cook all those meals or are in a hurry. eat huge, lift huge, and sleep huge. i wouldnt do upper body in one day, spread out your workouts to 3 days a week, and do not forget legs. squat, deads and bench, the only 3 excerises u need if u want to get strong.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:12 AM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
remember u dont even need protein powders. if u can get your daily protein intake from real food, it would be alot better. shakes are for when u dont have time to cook all those meals or are in a hurry.
good point. don't forget to mention though, whey is much cheaper than buying solid protein

yeah yeah, i'm just a poor college student!
Old 08-24-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Veteran

I do all my pulling motions together, all my pushing motions together. Like back/bi's/shoulders one day, chest/tri's on another day. Also throw in some legs when I have time. That way your muscles have time to rest. About once a month I'll do arms one day, back and chest the next day to kinda change it up a little. Don't get into the same routine each and every day. Do different workouts and change it up a little every now and then. Try to get 1 gram of protein for each lb. of bodyweight and try to take carbs just before and after your workout. It's worked pretty good for me so far.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for all the feedback it is really helping out alote, after reading most of these post i am stongly considering not taking anything for a while, i think im going the route of eating like 5 times aday and of less portions, i have trouble deciding on what i should do when im working out. like what is a good work out overal?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stang Man
If you just started lifting, then thats a good start.

Just the lifting alone, you will lose weight. You'll lose fat and gaim some muscle. If you're eating like usual, this will plateau pretty quick, and you'll be sorta stuck unless you change stuff. The biggest thing to losing weight is your diet. As the saying goes, abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Get on a healthy diet. Easiest way is to eat smaller portions, but eat more times throughout the day. Its also very easy to lose weight by cutting out carbonated drinks. Stick to water and milk and some juices(although sugary, nothing beats a big glass of ice cold OJ!)

As far as the creatine, I wouldn't worry about it. Buy some good Whey protein and take it immediately after lifting, along with a serving of dextrose(all miced with water) for that insulin spike you're looking for, and you're good to go. Wait a while before using creatine. It isn't hardcore, but you have so much growing WAITING to happen, that its almost a waste to spend money on creatine right away.

Sorry for the long post, and good luck!

Arron
Best damn answer on here!

Where did you get the "kitchen" line from?!?!?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
Best damn answer on here!

Where did you get the "kitchen" line from?!?!?
errr...i made it up? lol j/k
Old 08-24-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dug up a split i used last year, the 5x5 method is proven well for alot of people.

Monday
Flat bench 5x5
Incline db press 2x8
Incline db flies 2x8

BB curl 5x5
Hammer Curl 2x8

Wednesday
Box Squat 5x5
Leg Extension 2x8
Leg Curl 2x8
Sitting calf raise 2x15

Military BB press 5x5
Side lateral raises 2x8
Front lateral raises 2x8
DB shrugs 2x8

Friday
Deadlift 5x5
Chin-ups 2x8
Cable row 2x8

CG bb bench press 5x5
Cable push down 2x8
Dips 2x8

for the main 5x5 lifts, add 2.5lb or 5lbs each week. for the accessory work, every other week add more weight. for deads and squat, search for some clips b/c form is crucial in those and bad form can mess your back, knees etc up.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

use this for reference if you're not familiar with some of those movements
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/slide...id=16&subId=37
Old 08-24-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude thats is very helpful thanks ^^
Old 08-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Mustang Moderator

I liked the 5x5 routine, but I like DC Training even better

5x5 builds a great base though, and is relatively easy to execute.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:41 AM
TECH Regular

dogg crap stinks!