Exhaust help in DFW

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust help in DFW

Ok i have hooker lt's ready to install and soon to be getting the y and putt it together. Ok i realize they are illegal but if the shop doesnt look under your car and you pass the sniffer no harm no foul right? So with lt's how do i go about passing a sniffer? I have loudmouth btw.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

i realllly doubt you will pass the sniffer.. you are prob gonna need to get a hookup and sorry i dont have one here, back in lubbock they dont do a sniffer, you could drive out there and get it done lol
Old 09-11-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1970judge
Ok i have hooker lt's ready to install and soon to be getting the y and putt it together. Ok i realize they are illegal but if the shop doesnt look under your car and you pass the sniffer no harm no foul right? So with lt's how do i go about passing a sniffer? I have loudmouth btw.
They dont sniff 96-up cars anymore anyway. They are obd2 and check the computers. Then they do a safety check for the rest of the stuff, which Cats are included in that check and whether or not they pass you on the, will be whether or not you get the sticker.

Mike
Old 09-11-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

My car is a 95 they sniffed it last time. Ok so how do i go about asking for the hookup? I dont want to ask then the guy call the cops and i get a ticket.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1970judge
My car is a 95 they sniffed it last time. Ok so how do i go about asking for the hookup? I dont want to ask then the guy call the cops and i get a ticket.
You will get the sniffer and the dyno test

Scope the place out and find you a young kid looking to make a buck...If they are good they know how to make them pass by using a weight limit above what is safe for the dyno and a 2 speed idle test...better yet, they could tell the computer its 4 wheel drive. Many ways around it you just have to have a knowledgeable tech doing it.

Mike