Real-Estate School???

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 03:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real-Estate School???

Any agents or brokers in here??? Wanting to know if Champion School is a good school and any suggestions on what classes i should take first? I would like to be and agent/broker as far as i know now. Don't have experience so im not too sure which one i would like.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya it is one of the best if not the best school around. I went there in 1997 and have had my lic since then. You have to be a agent for 72 months active to be a broker, so you have a while before your there. Take the required core courses, Law of agency, Principals 1 or 2, ect. If you have college credit use it, and take the exam, I would suggest if your seriouse paying for the bundle or classes it is cheaper that way. Make sure to take the prep, I think the fail rate is like 90% fail it the 1st time, and some people never get there lic, cause they can't pass the exam, but it really isn't that hard.

JET
Old 11-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Launching!

One of the guys I sold a car to told me that I should get into real estate and get my lic, but if you have to take classes I don't know if I have the time, about how much are the classes? Do you have to go a big college or can I take them at a community college or is a private class?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can take them at a private class, and if you can read you can take them on your own, not that hard, just have to attend the Prep class is suggested. I have sold cars also, if you can sell it is a great job, many different avenues of real estate besides just homes.

JET
Old 11-10-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can pay for each class individually. They are about 150.00. That includes your book and test. Each class counts as 30 hrs. You need 210 hours in order to take your real estate test. You can either sit in a class room for a week or take it home, read the book, answer your questions to your pre test. Then go to the school to take the actually test for each class. Here is the best part. When they grade your pre-test you can use that and your book when taking the actual test. You can finish one class in one day if you take it home. The draw back to this is that unless you actually go to a class where there is an instructor. You won't learn very much about real estate.

Jet has been licensed for a long time but hasn't really done a lot of "real estate". He has mostly done apartment locating. So he is correct, there are many ways to use your real estate license.

As for the school. Champions is a good school. I have done my last 2 SAE classes there. However, The Real Estate School (located across from MTI) is VERY good if you want to actually learn about real estate. They are very strict about following the states instructions and guidelines about class attendance and what they expect you to learn.

I've had my license for about 4 years now. If you have other questions feel free to pm me!

-Tracey
Old 11-11-2005, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep I have not done much re-sales, but have done plenty of new homes, which is "real estate". Just depeneds on what area you want to go into. I have sold new homes for Royce, Espree, Texas Colonial, Deerwood homes ect. But most of my experience is in Apt. locating, which I really like also. But new homes is easy sale

JET

Last edited by JETG; 11-11-2005 at 11:36 AM.