some people are just jerks...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some people are just jerks...

So iv been looking for sideskirts to complete my Trans Am project for a long time now.. i posted up a plee sking where i could find some junk yards here in houston.. Some one posted that manuels has a bunch.. so im all excited and decided to go today... i live in Katy and their in Pasadena! i leave my job at 4:50 racing to get theri before 6 when they close.. i even call and say that im going to buy something and i might run a couple minutes late.. they say its ok.... so im driving like a mad man try to get their in time... i arrive at 6:11 and the lights are off and their closed sign is on.. well their are two guys inside and I try to get their attention, but they just ignore me.. Finally they give me some sign they are alive and wave me away...I mean come on... They wouldnt even talk to me they just kept pointing at the closed sign. man that pissed me off so much I understand they were closed, i called and its only 11min.the least they can do is talk to me..gr.. sorry had to let some steam out

anybody know any other place to go to in houston, or have any they are willing to sell good? im willing to pay good

Last edited by J_TGuerra; 11-08-2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

damn that sux man.... I live like 5 minutes away from there..... Good luck finding your parts...
Old 11-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by J_TGuerra
So iv been looking for sideskirts to complete my Trans Am project for a long time now.. i posted up a plee sking where i could find some junk yards here in houston.. Some one posted that manuels has a bunch.. so im all excited and decided to go today... i live in Katy and their in Pasadena! i leave my job at 4:50 racing to get theri before 6 when they close.. i even call and say that im going to buy something and i might run a couple minutes late.. they say its ok.... so im driving like a mad man try to get their in time... i arrive at 6:11 and the lights are off and their closed sign is on.. well their are two guys inside and I try to get their attention, but they just ignore me.. Finally they give me some sign they are alive and wave me away...I mean come on... They wouldnt even talk to me they just kept pointing at the closed sign. man that pissed me off so much I understand they were closed, i called and its only 11min.the least they can do is talk to me..gr.. sorry had to let some steam out

anybody know any other place to go to in houston, or have any they are willing to sell good? im willing to pay good

What year is your TA? Maybe I can help you out.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

I have a 02 TA Black.. if you can that would be great
Old 11-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Launching!

There is a place in the woodlands thats only open on Sundays if that might help you out. Its called Colts Auto Sales, he has bunch of mustangs and F-body cars that have been wrecked and flooded. I haven't been there in a while but if your looking for something to do check him out. Go 45 north until rayford/sawdust exist. go left under the freeway. go to Budde, there is a wendy's on the left on the opposite side of the light. when you make your turn it will be on your right.( the wendy's I mean) go about 1/2 a mile it curves to the right, go past the golf range, pass the ballpark road. you will drive to then end and he will be on your left. he has a bunch of junk you can't miss it. Hope it helps I have found tranny's there in the past. good luck.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

thanks a bunch sammyb.. will def go check them out!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Banned

If you're gonna be in the Woodlands area, you might as well check out

Of course, I would definitely call first.

Milstead Auto Salvage
21115 Interstate 45, Spring, TX
(281) 363-3210
Not very much selection, but I drive by them everyday and have seen quite a few f-body's in their lot. If you're on I-45N, you exit FM-2920/Louetta and u-turn. It'll be on the right hand sign, a few 100ft down the road.

Charlie's Auto/Truck Salvage
10910 FM 2920 Rd, Tomball, TX
(281) 351-4444
They inventory everything so call first to see what they have. Prices are a bit high because they remove the parts for you, and some are even brand new. From I-45N, exit FM-2920/Louetta and turn left at the light (FM-2920). It's about 15mi down the road on the right-hand side.

Tex Mex Auto & Truck Salvage
12311 State Highway 249, Houston, TX
(281) 999-4990
This place is mostly wrecked cars, so they're all pretty new ('95 and up). They always have a few f-body's on hand, and they inventory everything so call them first. Great prices. If you're on I-45N, exit HWY-249 and turn left. It's about 10mi down the road on the left-hand side; if you get to Antoine Dr., you've gone too far.

Allstate Used Auto Parts Inc
12224 State Highway 249, Houston, TX
(281) 448-8111
This place has a small selection, but is pretty good about GM cars. They're right before you get to Tex Mex (based on my directions above), but on the right-hand side.

Houston Pick-A-Part
1100 Northville Road
Houston, TX 77038
(281) 448-8897
This location is the smaller of the three. If you're on I-45N, exit West Rd. and u-turn. Turn right at Northville Rd., which is immediately before this old music shop. It's $2 to get in, another $1 to get into the section for '90+ cars. I doubt you'll find what you need here.

The biggest Houston Pick-A-Part:
9314 Wallisville Road
Houston, Texas
From Katy, I'd take I-10E all the way to the other side of 610, then take 610N and exit Wallisville. I'm pretty sure you turn right on Wallisville, and the place will be on your right-hand side, about 1/8mi down the road. There's a HUGE sign, but it's easy to miss it.

The third location:
723 N. Drennan
Houston, Texas
Never been here.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Banned

Better yet, instead of wasting all your gas, why don't you tell me exactly what you're looking for, and I'll make some phone calls tomorrow. If they're in Houston, I can find them.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

WOW.. thanx alot alexf20c .. ill be letting you know if i find anything.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Use www.car-part.com and you'll have a list of almost every set in Houston, with color, condition, price, etc. Most if not all of those yards list their inventorys there.

By the way Manuals have the highest prices in the area and they won't budge. They did you a favor by brushing you off. But closed is closed and I don't blame them.

Vernon
Old 11-09-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

Yup, like I said...those guys at manuels can be some lazy bastards. Sorry to hear that man. That's a hell of a drive you made just to have them close on you. I noticed you said you have a black TA. I know for a fact that they have a black 98-02 TA with it's side skirts at manuels. I know it had the driver's side but I didn't check the passanger side. I'll be near the back of the yard. Of course this is if you decide to hit them up again after that incident. Good luck. Hopefully some of these guys can hook you up.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
Use www.car-part.com and you'll have a list of almost every set in Houston, with color, condition, price, etc. Most if not all of those yards list their inventorys there.

By the way Manuals have the highest prices in the area and they won't budge. They did you a favor by brushing you off. But closed is closed and I don't blame them.

Vernon
ive been to several salvage yards around and i havent seen anybody that has more 4th gen f-bodys than Manuels. their prices are high,they're jerks,but they usually have what u need....closed is closed i dont blame them either.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i bet if u hurled a brick through their **** they would pay attention.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

like others have said, they usually have what you are looking for but with some bad service too.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Banned

281 999-4999

I forgot the name of the shop

They said they had a left-hand rocker panel for a '99 T/A. I'm assuming it'll fit?

I called over a dozen other places and nobody has anything.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a driver's-side side skirt sitting at my house. It's silver so you'd need to paint it, but I'm in Katy (barely, off Fry and 529). If you want it, hit me up with a PM.

Tom