LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Texas Members (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members-54/)
-   -   Anyone catch Pinks last night? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/470548-anyone-catch-pinks-last-night.html)

BP 03-16-2006 10:31 AM

Anyone catch Pinks last night?

It was the domestic vs import shootout. Jeff "Got Milk" Creech was the negotiator for the domestic car. Not sure if he's a member here but he's an old timer on the F-body.org list. Pretty cool seeing someone you know on TV and it's not cops or the news:)

It was a turbo Honda Civic against an LT1 T/A with a D-1, 383, AFR heads and a bottle. Supposedly they were both 600hp cars but the T/A with half a tune should have put 700 to the wheels without the bottle, and looked like it did. The Honda was maybe a 12 second car and had his ass handed to him a few times.

A-Bomb 03-16-2006 10:41 AM

i saw it. i enjoyed watchin the F-Body stomp the shit out of that import!

gogogadget 03-16-2006 10:57 AM

That car runs 9.5s. It was funny to see the Honda crew call it a 10.50 car, so they would have to run it without nitrous and give up two cars. They were being setup for a nitrous run the whole time.

"Does this thing get good gas mileage?" LMFAO!

BizZzatch350 03-16-2006 11:01 AM

Damn i missed it but I know the LT1 your talking about, its a mid 9 sec street car the gas is on there just to get it moving since its so heavy. Deff a bad ass car! Theres been a ton of LT1s on Pinks, that TA, a black 96 Z and Tony's 97 Z28 glad to see the old mills still run good :devil:

MrBill97396 03-16-2006 11:01 AM

LT1 domination HAHA, Both episodes where pretty good. The first one with the Vette, that guy was making power and the other guy still wanted heads up. That is very noble no land given up but the Nova stoled the move on that dude once for sure. The civic guys where typical import types crying asking for to much, all I can say is if your going to do something like that show you better get the sand out of your vagina and let your balls hang out.

A-Bomb 03-16-2006 11:05 AM

the LT1 even gave him 20 car links. if i have to ask for 20 car links then obviously i'm in over my head!

gogogadget 03-16-2006 11:06 AM

3900 lbs! That is one way to sandbag.

Originally Posted by Bizzzatch350
Damn i missed it but I know the LT1 your talking about, its a mid 9 sec street car the gas is on there just to get it moving since its so heavy. Deff a bad ass car! Theres been a ton of LT1s on Pinks, that TA, a black 96 Z and Tony's 97 Z28 glad to see the old mills still run good :devil:

RyanJ 03-16-2006 11:07 AM

Check the other thread. That Civic dynod at 650ish whp at C.A.M. after Jeff brought it home. Jeff (driver) = SSANDTA.

EVIL TA 03-16-2006 12:04 PM

that wasnt a race, that was pure rape!!! Why race a car and ask for lenghs?? thats just stupid. a real race is heads up. i really dont like the show but i had to watch that. racing is always heads up.....am i right?

SEB 03-16-2006 12:31 PM

I have to admit. I felt bad for that kid. It was clear he was out of his league. It looked like he wanted to cry when he handed over the keys!

99 Pewter TA 03-16-2006 12:38 PM

I liked that show. I couldn't believe he kept asking for so many cars. Was that TA only running a 100 shot?

mattr228 03-16-2006 12:50 PM

what is up with the huge intro now? the H6 with the attention whore getting out to a barrage of golf claps?

i see they still have their same music they play after the final race is done, and same 7th grade video editing skills

gogogadget 03-16-2006 12:51 PM

They could do without the bald guy. Just let everyone bitch at each other like normal and edit it down to a few words and some racing.

ulySSes 03-16-2006 12:55 PM

I missed it, Im sure they'll re-air it.

Abe99 03-16-2006 01:23 PM

At some point i thought Civic guy was going to ask if he could be about 10 ft from the end of quarter mile since he asked for 20 car lengths. That was too funny!

gogogadget 03-16-2006 01:34 PM

from camaroz28.com:

"What they didn't show was the former owner collapsing to his knees when I took his car down the track and yes he was crying. They had to take the kid to the hospital that evening he basicly had a nervous breakdown. I did feel bad and sold him the car back two days later for less than it was worth but enough that he felt some pain. but not untill i ragged it on the dyno. I seriosly hope the kid doesn't kill himself the ricer boys are dogging him bad on the boards."

luvmeZ28 03-16-2006 01:35 PM

does anyone know what day they will reair it? i missed it. :(

BP 03-16-2006 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
does anyone know what day they will reair it? i missed it. :(

Usually it's the first episode the following week, so 8:00 next Wednesday.

mikespeed95 03-16-2006 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by gogogadget
from camaroz28.com:

"What they didn't show was the former owner collapsing to his knees when I took his car down the track and yes he was crying. They had to take the kid to the hospital that evening he basicly had a nervous breakdown. I did feel bad and sold him the car back two days later for less than it was worth but enough that he felt some pain. but not untill i ragged it on the dyno. I seriosly hope the kid doesn't kill himself the ricer boys are dogging him bad on the boards."

lol. that would have been a cool show if the car wasnt owned by some fat teenager who obviously was a complete idiot.

open diff FWD car on street tires to represent imports. what a retard.

MAXIMO 03-16-2006 03:17 PM

I know I saw it at Sport city and when they asked for 20 car and saw the fly by I was like damn that civic is more than half way down there. The last race what was it... Missed it the channel messed up and didnt see it. WHat happened???