Galveston Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im ready to do it whenever. This time, maybe we should try meeting up on a Saturday. That way if after the cruise a few of us wanna go grab some beers or go do something else, we're not pressed for time and trying to get home because of work.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
When is the next GTG? I go down to Lake Jackson every once in awhile and that would give me a good excuse to drive my TA down there and have a little fun.
I dont think there is another GTG planned yet, but next time you're in Lake Jackson, bring the TA. There are usually a few people up at the Hobby Lobby parking lot on Friday and Saturday nights. Nothing special but a few of us hang out and you can usually catch a run if you're looking for one.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RYNO_Z
White Man...you ever get the car running right again?
should get it back tonight or tomorrow, battery cable needed to be replaced anyways but i still don't know what went wrong
Old 06-28-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chadtx01
Im ready to do it whenever. This time, maybe we should try meeting up on a Saturday. That way if after the cruise a few of us wanna go grab some beers or go do something else, we're not pressed for time and trying to get home because of work.
MONEY
Old 06-28-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

White Man...you ever get the car running right again?
O2 sensor shorted out. cousin said it's running great now
Old 06-28-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats cool, glad to hear it wasnt something big.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by white man
O2 sensor shorted out. cousin said it's running great now

Told ya man. I had the same prob when mine went out. Glad she back up and running strong.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Told ya man. I had the same prob when mine went out. Glad she back up and running strong.
same here. i don't think i could go another day in a suburban, no matter how far you put the pedal down it doesn't seem fast enough
Old 06-28-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

theres nothing like an LS1.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Yeah there is.......... they're called LS2, LS6 and LS7.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont think there is another GTG planned yet, but next time you're in Lake Jackson, bring the TA. There are usually a few people up at the Hobby Lobby parking lot on Friday and Saturday nights. Nothing special but a few of us hang out and you can usually catch a run if you're looking for one.
Will do... I'm going to try and make it down there in a few weeks or so. I'll be in the black TA on slicks and skinnies, you can't miss me. Not really looking for a race, it's still far from tuned.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
Will do... I'm going to try and make it down there in a few weeks or so. I'll be in the black TA on slicks and skinnies, you can't miss me. Not really looking for a race, it's still far from tuned.
Just let me know when you plan on coming out, I'll make sure to swing by. Most of the time, you have to look for a race, other than that, its just some car guys out shooting the ****.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Wow, looks like I'm a little late! It was cool meeting everyone, and the cars were awesome! Had a good time, and hope to do it again.

Ya, I'm trying to get a vid up. We'll have to plan another one.

I met your friend with the black lightning, Jeff. He was a cool guy and that truck runs good too. You should start bringing him to more meets.
Yeah, I would love to come out to more meets.

haha, I wish we would have had more room, I would have liked to get a run in with Jeff.

Maybe we can set something up before too long, that is if my exhaust doesnt fall off.
I'll run ya, next time we meet at a GTG or something. Not anytime real soon though, the truck is going into the shop on Wed.

Originally Posted by turbols1_05
Saw alot of cops but no hassles. 01hawk I tried to signal ya when I turned around!! It was pretty kool though Chad needed some backup though Plus we hauled a little bit going back down the sea wall!!(cough cough chad an jeff goin from da light cough cough)
Ha, I wish I had a run with someone on the cruise. I didn't really expect to or really plan on it but, it would have been intresting.

Originally Posted by nasty_00_ss
chad -- i will get a hold of jeff and tell me but first i think that i am going to race him on motor
Sure, if you want. Once the truck is running good again.

He seemed like a cool guy with a nice truck. That blower wine is something pretty. With you being stalled and geared though, I think you would take him. He would probably make things interesting but I think you would come out on top.

I would like to run him, I think he would pull on me, but it would still be fun.
Haha, you really need to get that fixed.

Here are a few pics I took (Sorry for the size 56Kr's):

-Jeff

Oh and Chad what's with the Lightning in your sig???
Old 07-03-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a friends truck. That guy I was telling you about thats trying to sell his. Name is Chris Jones, he probably posts on HALO, just not very much.

Nice pics btw, and we're having another GTG on July 22. Theres a thread about it, you should swing by. BTW, whats up with the truck? Hopefully nothing major.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Thats a friends truck. That guy I was telling you about thats trying to sell his. Name is Chris Jones, he probably posts on HALO, just not very much.

Nice pics btw, and we're having another GTG on July 22. Theres a thread about it, you should swing by. BTW, whats up with the truck? Hopefully nothing major.
Ah, that's right, I remember talking about him.

July 22nd, yeah, I can probably do that.

I'm not totally sure what's up with the truck, it was running really rough, shaking alot and stuff. So My friend and I put new plugs in thinking that would be the problem and 3 of the old plugs were burnt to hell and one of them even had some of the insulation missing! So we change them and the problem is still there, so that's why I'm taking it in. It needs to be retuned anyways so we'll see what happens.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, that sucks. Like I said though, hopefully its not anything thats too serious. Hopefully a simple fix and you'll have her back on the road in no time.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Damn, that sucks. Like I said though, hopefully its not anything thats too serious. Hopefully a simple fix and you'll have her back on the road in no time.
Thanks, I'm hoping the same.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

jeff -- nice to see you came over to the dark side