Car Hauling?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 01:55 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Hauling?

No I`m not hauling a car to the track, but I`m thinking about starting my own buisness hauling cars from dealership to ........other locations. Dose anyone on Tech do this for a living. I had a supervisor (Ken) quit at my job several years ago and started hauling cars and then one quit two weeks ago to haul cars for the supervisor that quit a few years back. They are hauling the cars with their own trucks (not rigs) and own trailers. I talked to one of them today and he hauled five cars today at $100 a car. Now he is paying for his new truck, (Tony you still selling the Dodge?) trailer, insurance, fule, own medical insurance, Nextell, and what ever it cost Ken to add him to his $1,000,000.00 insurance policy for hauling cars. Ken now has three trucks hauling cars for him. One is his partner that pays half for the $1,000,000.00 insurance and Terry that pays what ever it cost to add him to the policy. He makes $100 a car so I bet Ken and the other guy make more. I heard about $300 a car depending on destination. If anyone knows anything about this buisness please post up. If you work in freight or insurance around how much dose a $1,000,000.00 insurance policy cost. I had a frind a few years back that looked into hauling freight privatley and he said the insurance was crazy, but he never said how much. Terry also told me today that it was alot. I`m on vacation this week and I`m going to see about geting my CDL and ride with Terry one day to see how hauling cars works. I`m not sure if Ken is wanting to hire another driver so I`m looking into starting my own thing like Ken did. Let me know any info. you have fellas.
Thanks Al