POS truck!!

Old 07-04-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down POS truck!!

I've been working on my truck ('94 chevy pickup) nearly all afternoon just to change the timing cover gasket and crank seal. To put the timing cover back on, the oil pan has to be dropped about 1", and to drop the oil pan 1" is pure hell. First, I had to drop part of the exhaust, then remove some braces that run from the chassis to the tranny, then remove part of the bellhousing (the bellhousing wouldn't drop all the way down because of the exhaust, so it was just "stuck" there). Oh, and let's not forget I had to keep guessing what size sockets/wrenches to use because there were both metric and standard bolts down there. While I was struggling to lower the pan, I thought what the hell, might as well change the oil pan gasket while I have it apart, little did I know it isn't that easy. After realizing what dropping the oil pan entailed, I quickly decided that the current gasket would have to do. Scraping off paper gasket chunks isn't fun either...

I really would like to slap around the engineers who worked on this truck. Oh well, working on my truck makes working on my LS1 a walk in the park. None of the gaskets are paper, all bolts are metric and it isn't such a pain in the *** to work on. Maybe it doesn't seem like my car is a pain because I'm already used to it, but it sure seems a lot easier than my truck. Anyways, thanks for listening to me rant.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

think thats bad. try doing a cam swap on a lt1!
Old 07-04-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
think thats bad. try doing a cam swap on a lt1!
ive heard of those sorrows
Old 07-04-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Every car has their obstacles. Just don't work on any new Fords!

Search this Thread