process operator

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@KY-Turbo
Okay I am greedy as hell. My wife hates it. I am driven by $$$. PERIOD. I went to school for Industrial Maintenance Technology. Technical Degree. I can do Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Machinery repair and trouble shooting, MIG, TIG, and stick weld, Some robotics and PLC's. I am well versed in a lot of fields. I currently work 12hr shifts. They end up turning into 15hr shifts and end up going for 7 to 8 days straight. All this to barley clear $46k in 06 with a metric ton of OT. To say the least here in KY it sucks. I need a change. Be it the wife likes it or not.
Wow, I worked at Western Kentucky Energy and the guys that lived there raved about how much money they made. Most of them said it was because of the union's level of strength there. A good friend of mine that is from down here in the houston area as well, even stayed there when the job was done. He got a union job at an Alcoa plant, married a girl, and says he will stay there for ever. I wouldn't though, I hauled *** back to Texas as soon as the money ran out. I now work for Phillips 66 and the job is much better than I deserve for sure. There is tons of work here in the Houston and surrounding areas, as long as you aren't a ***** and can handle a ton of heat and humidity.

Last edited by codyvette; 12-21-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: process operator