prince

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007 | 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Prince Rocked.
Old 02-05-2007 | 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

not a fan, ive seen him before, he's a midget but he didnt need to play best of you
Old 02-05-2007 | 08:29 AM
12 Second Club

PRINCE SUCKED!!!!!
Old 02-05-2007 | 08:30 AM
12 Second Club

lol...i guess were just not old enough jerry...lol
Old 02-05-2007 | 09:45 AM
12 Second Club

Miller lite needs to step in here and create a new man law. "Prince shall never perform at any sports related events". Come on, it was the worst half time show ever. Not only was he totally faking the guitar solo's, he sounded like a little bitch singing. And ontop of that he butchered the foo fighters song. He shoulda just stayed home and got his ******* waxed.
those are my $.02, sorry prince fans.
Old 02-05-2007 | 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is anyone else tired of the super bowl halftime shows featuring acts that were cool 15-40 years ago? How bout something new....
Old 02-05-2007 | 09:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
PRINCE SUCKED!!!!!
I couldnt agree more
Old 02-05-2007 | 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Sorry guys, but PRINCED ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!

Espcially when he started to sing purple rain, and it was raining on him, then the sheet came down! That was the best part!

Also, I thought he did a pretty good job of the Foo Fighters song.
but thats just my $.02.
Old 02-05-2007 | 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1LUNATIC
Miller lite needs to step in here and create a new man law. "Prince shall never perform at any sports related events". Come on, it was the worst half time show ever. Not only was he totally faking the guitar solo's, he sounded like a little bitch singing. And ontop of that he butchered the foo fighters song. He shoulda just stayed home and got his ******* waxed.
Old 02-05-2007 | 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FatZ28
Is anyone else tired of the super bowl halftime shows featuring acts that were cool 15-40 years ago? How bout something new....

yea i agree with that...i'm gonna get crap for this but i hate seeing rolling stones or any member of the beatles that is still trying to hold on....sure they were some of the 'greatest' all time and sure they were ground breaking but times have changed....

im sure they are catering to their target market/demographics with their music selection....im in my mid 20's and don't care for the older stuff....im sure 20 years from now kids will be saying the same thing about music that I like so to each his/her own.....
Old 02-05-2007 | 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1LUNATIC

It was a good show, you can hate on the person but not their talent.

Faking the guitar solo? Orly?
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

The NFL tried that, and we got Janet's boob in return.... not that I am complaining.

And FWIW, halftime blew goats. What I dont understand is how can someone like Prince agree to sing some one else's song? Its not like this guy has a limited amount of albums out, its ******* Prince.

Did anyone notice a bit of "All Along the Watchtower" before he started singing "Best of You?" Ill be Jimi was rolling over in his grave.
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:34 AM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by TEX02SS
now if only he could have capped it off with ***** control.......
NO ****! I kept waiting for it but it never came.
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
NO ****! I kept waiting for it but it never came.

Thats what she said.
Old 02-05-2007 | 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DSIM
The NFL tried that, and we got Janet's boob in return.... not that I am complaining.

And FWIW, halftime blew goats. What I dont understand is how can someone like Prince agree to sing some one else's song? Its not like this guy has a limited amount of albums out, its ******* Prince.

Did anyone notice a bit of "All Along the Watchtower" before he started singing "Best of You?" Ill be Jimi was rolling over in his grave.
Prince didn't agree to sing someone else's song .. he played what he wanted to .. for all most of us know, he may have written that song .. it would blow you away to know how much music he writes, under about 50 different names ..

As for Jimi rolling over in his grave.. I doubt it ,.. musicians of that quality know talent when they hear it .. no way it "bothered" Jimi..

Like previously stated .. if you don't care for the show .. fine .. but Prince has more musical talent than about 98% of the people recording today..

the reason people like that play the half time show is $$$$ Take a look at the top 10 grossing tours of the last few years .. the one thing they ALL have in common is they relased albums in the '70's..

us old geezer's have most of the $$$
Old 02-05-2007 | 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

I hate to break it to you, but most everything new sucks.
Old 02-05-2007 | 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Gipraw
Prince didn't agree to sing someone else's song .. he played what he wanted to .. for all most of us know, he may have written that song .. it would blow you away to know how much music he writes, under about 50 different names ..

As for Jimi rolling over in his grave.. I doubt it ,.. musicians of that quality know talent when they hear it .. no way it "bothered" Jimi..

Like previously stated .. if you don't care for the show .. fine .. but Prince has more musical talent than about 98% of the people recording today..

the reason people like that play the half time show is $$$$ Take a look at the top 10 grossing tours of the last few years .. the one thing they ALL have in common is they relased albums in the '70's..

us old geezer's have most of the $$$

Im not doubting the mans talent, I actually enjoy some of his older music. I just find it hard to believe that he sang someone elses songs (All along the Watchtower: written by Bob Dylan, but you "geezer's" should know that... so maybe he should have cringed, not Jimi... and Best of You was written by the Foo Fighters) with so much to his credit.

Regardless of his talent, the show sucked.

And 98% of the musicians today.... suck. Thats why the top grossing tours all had albums in the 70's... when talent mattered, not filters and synthesizers.
Old 02-05-2007 | 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Good show. He is probably having a fit because he got his hair wet though.
I heard the two girls he had on stage were trying to sue him for "public humiliation" for their hair getting fucked up from the rain
Old 02-05-2007 | 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

... and Best of You was written by the Foo Fighters) with so much to his credit. ...
Prince has done some producing and session work with Grohl (who plays with anyione and everyone that asks him to play).. so no telling what lead to that song selection ..

And 98% of the musicians today.... suck.
you will get no argument from me on that comment ..
Old 02-05-2007 | 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

The best was when they pulled those damn sheets up and he started dipping his hips with his guitar. Where that one part of the guitar points up in the sillouette, it looked like a HUGE dong and he kept thrusting his hips up with that part sticking out by his crotch, I was DYING laughing, am I the only one that caught this?

Oh, and what the **** was with the pre-game Cirque de Solei bullshit, dogshit show? I mean, those jets that flew over should have executed an airstrike on that stupid-*** ****.

Look in between the 1:20 and 2:00 mark on this video, .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKzjk3fRLWM

Last edited by BlackHoleSunSS; 02-05-2007 at 01:25 PM.