School project help COME IN PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about a indoor self wash business? it can be temperature controlled, you can offer full service or self wash, you can also offer how-to tutorials. but have both pressure hoses and regular hoses! and where the customers dry their cars they can wax them since theyre indoors, o you could also have air hoses so you can air dry ur car!!!!!

hey wait a minute, why am i giving you my multi million dollar idea?

**EDIT** this is copyrighted 2007, Moon Industry, Houston, Tx.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Right, which is the way I do it too. And I much prefer teaching people how to detail their cars than doing it for them, even though that means I don't get much repeat business.

-Mike
ive tried that with my customers. but they got so much money they dont care to clean anything they own by themselves. they see it as a service that someone else should do. im not complaining lol
Old 02-12-2007, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttt more comments
Old 02-12-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 96-speed
What class is this for? Professional Selling? Professor?

Ryan
?^?^?^
Old 02-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the coolest things I've seen at a car wash is a dog wash. A heated bay divided into 3 sections with warm water, coin soap dispensers, and a blow dryer for each section.

We wash and baby your car while you wash your best pal. Cold weather places this is a great idea for those that don't want to throw fido in the tub at home. Pets are a 4 billion dollar a year business in this country.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

I think you have a good concept ! Hire some mobile detailers to appeal to the clientele who want someone to come to their residence and wash the cars. But have locations set up for the do it yourselfers; I'd also like to see wash bays set up exclusively for boats, trailers etc. Some of the car washes I go to folks try to pull their twenty plus footers in to wash and wind up blocking the access to the other bays. Another cool feature should be garage doors;had these in the midwest to block the wind...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea that sounds like a good idea for the most part. i am too lazy to wash my own car so i go through a cheap drive through, but i dry it off myself to make sure there are no water spots.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Best balance for a business like this is:

1. Full Service Wash Tunnel, with several pricing options, from basic wash and dry all the way through full exterior with add ons (wheels, under carriage, wax, tire dressing) and interior (vacuum, windows, door sills, dash and door panel protectant, etc)

2. Full Service Detail shop with two service levels - Basic exterior wax (wash and hand wax in 30 minute kind of thing), basic interior steam cleaning, and High end service - full paint polishing, swirl removal etc, full interior cleaning including leather dressing, etc. The two levels of service will co exist very weel if marketed correctly.

3. Self Serv bays, if you have the space. the self serv bays can not impact the trafic flow of the full service side in any way. in order to make any money at all with the wash side of the business, you will need to do high volume on the full service side.

If someplace like this was well run and maintained, I would do business there.

feel free to PM me with specific questions, as I ran a place exactly like this for a little over 7 years.