thinking about going to SAM

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about going to SAM

I have recieved my packet from sam and have a few questions.

First off I plan on using my GI bill, but will only recieve $1300 a month. I was in Iraq last year and only payed in $800 on taxes, and I was wondering if fasfa would cover the rest of the tuition.

Also how long is just the block course? 10 months?

The combo is also 10 months?

and how long is the cnc course, I plan on doing block and cnc.

I was also wondering how the tuition pay is divided up. And how much would be due on the block course up front.

thanks,
Ross
Old 03-22-2007, 08:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ross,

Joe is a graduate from Sam and I must say, this would be a question for only them. Most of us can't answer these now as it has been a while since he graduated. Try giving Gray a call. I am sure they can answer all of your questions.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 03-22-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

I went to SAM you won't be sorry. A great place to learn and if you kick *** a GREAT place to get your foot in the door in NC
Old 03-22-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going right now, and both courses are 9 months. Basically the way it works is that block is in the morning, and head is in the afternoon. If you want to take both of them at the same time, you will be in class from 8am to 12:30 for block, and 1:30 to 5:30 for head class. I'm taking them seperately, but thats mostly because of work, and its nice to have a little more time to spend out in the shop. The financial aid stuff, you would have to call and talk to Josephine, since she handles all of that. I cant remember how much it was up front, but the will work with you on payments and financial aid. Its been really fun so far for me.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taking both classes is too much for the average student. Better to do the block class with Jud, then the head class with Casey. You'll learn a lot of important things in Jud's class about heads. When you take the head class Casey will expand on it and you'll understand it more easily. You'll get a lot more from the School that way.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys, im gonna try and do the block course, then come back later and do the cnc course