century transmission!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down

His 200r's are ok but I've had many problems with his 4l60e's. On the street they are ok. If you race they will break. The first one lasted about a year running 10,s on spray, not spraying out of the hole or threw the shifts. It finally broke an output shaft.Since then I've had nothing but problems. The trans was rebuilt and broke the reaction shaft, he did not replace the shaft when the trans was rebuilt so he fixed it. The trans was raced at the Texas mile and about 12 times at the drag strip and the rear went out stock 10 bolt.The rear was replaced with a 12 bolt and the second pass the trans broke the input shaft. I've had issues with all of Mikes trannys not shifting correctly at the track with sticky tires. The 1-2 shift not shifting in auto and the 2-3 always bumping the rev limiter the limiter is set @7000. I even had torque mangement put back in. No luck. I've gone with a Rossler built trans , its being built now.Century did do good work but something has changed with their transmissions. The rear breaking could have broke the last one, but this one still had the shifting issues. Rossler didn't even want the core that I have he said lets start fresh. I had to agree. I now have a $ 5000 boat anchor. Mike would probally fix it but I'm tired of pulling trannies out of this car and then having to get a flat bed ride home. Thank goodness for AAA.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike @ Century is the only guy we recommend. We order parts from him for all our 4L60E builds and both Trevor and myself have run his 2004-R's in our personal cars in the past. Can't say enough good things about him!
Old 03-28-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2002C5COUPE
I have quite a few negative things to say about his customer service, but i don't have any experience with his trannies.
Now this I don't understand.

You don't have one of this transmissions

So you are not a customer.

But you have issues with his customer service
Old 03-28-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2redgmc

he probably called inquiring about it and they were rude, maybe, i think im on the right track
Old 03-28-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have one of his 4l60s in my car and 0 problems[I cannot say one thing bad about him].I personally know the guy that has the vette with the 408 and a 200 shot and yes he has had 7 rebuilds??? I dont know but he has always trated me great and in my book he is the best.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarochvy21
century is right next to my house. They do great work and they are great people. They work on alot of ls1 autos and vipers
Me too. Where are you at?? Their number is: 281-633-8155. They have done some work for me in the past, not the Z but other vehicles. They do good work.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2redgmc

he does more than rebuild transmissions there, it is a full auto repair shop. yes i was a customer, i spent over $2,000 there, and had to spend over $600 more on unnecessary tows, dealership visit, and fixing their f' ups.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
he probably called inquiring about it and they were rude, maybe, i think im on the right track

wrong, read the above post ^^

Somehow they couldn't see how leaving wires on the exhaust would hurt anything. It never ran right when i picked it up, come to find out that the neg. battery cable AND the O2 sensorS' wireS were melted and sticking to the exhaust.

They contributed my problems to something else, telling me to tow it to the dealer, which didn't want to touch it because it had headers on it. The battery eventually shorted out, which century said could not have been caused by a melted battery cable on the header.

So i get home put a new battery, battery cable, and O2 sims on and it runs fine, and century said that none of it was their fault, even though the work they did involved removing the entire exhaust.

So yes I'm a dissatisfied CUSTOMER

F Century
Old 03-28-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had my 4l60e rebuilt and upgraded there when my torque converter fell apart and trashed it. I lost first gear about a year later, I don't remember what he replaced when that happened. That was 3 years ago and the tranny has been perfect ever since. He's definitely EXPENSIVE though. I'm not quite sure if he's worth it or if some of the other cheaper 4l60e builders are just as good
-chris
Old 03-28-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks alot guys! ill definitely give century a holla.. i called him up not too long ago, and he made me feel confident in his work.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Guys, how many builders have built motors and had problems. ALL of THEM! Doesn`t mean they do bad work. It`s just with high performance parts they break sometimes. It`s not like we putt around in our cars all the time!

Quick Reply: century transmission!!