Firestone in Kingwood!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestone in Kingwood!!!!

Just a heads up regarding the Firestone on Northpark in Kingwood. Went there on Friday for a tire repair, and it turned out to be the biggest head ache ever.

First they tried to tell me that the tire was too worn to repair, and that I need to buy new tires. (tires are a year old) I told them to do it anyway.

Next they tell me that because it has two holes (less than 1/2 an inch apart) it will still leak some air, and they try to push new tires on me again. I say no, and that I'll deal with it.

So I pay for the repair, and take it to Beasley Tire near East Mount Houston. The nice staff at Beasley tell me what I already knew, and that is that the tires were not even worn down to the wear bar, and that the tire should be easy to repair. (even with two holes) That was until they removed the tire to find that the guy at Firestone had buffed the inner portion of the tire all the down to the inner cords.

At this point they will not put the tire back on because they feel that the tire is a serious safety risk.

Unfortunately, Beasley did not have a tire in stock, and it would be Monday before they could have one, so I'm stuck cruising on my donut.

Luckily I did find a tire later that night at an NTB.

Long story short, Firestone did end up reimbursing me for the tire, after a lot of bitching and complaining by the store manager.(giving me the, this is what happens when you try and help someone crap)

Anyway, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up about the type of work they do.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Resident

DTC ftw
Old 04-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

Tires are BFG btw. I would never buy Firestone tires.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nickdotcom
DTC ftw
no ****, and we do that **** for free
Old 04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
12 Second Club

Agreed about DTC. I also have used Lake Houston Automotive @ 1960 and W Lake Houston for FREE tire patches and their service is top notch! They're a Goodyear (Gemini) place and have always been friendly and polite. Just another option.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

Good to know. Thanks. Went to three place that day and everyone needed me to leave the car all day, which I couldn't do.