Question regarding State Inspection..

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding State Inspection..

Ok, here's the deal.

My brother is stationed in England. He left his 2002 Chevy cavalier down here in Texas with me. It has basically just sat since 2005.

I'm working on getting it back up and running. Bought a new battery, and did all the other general maintenance. Man will this thing save me some gas money...

I have it under my insurance already. But that's about it.

I'm waiting for him to fax me a Power of Attorney so that I can be co-owner of the title and get it registered again.

My question is, Can I get it state inspected thsi weekend before I get it registered? Is the inspection station gonna care?

Appreciate the help!

Dispense
Old 06-15-2007, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Yes, the state inspectors don't care who the vechicle belongs to, just as long as the vechicle is safe for driving conditions. All you need is insurance, and make sure everything is in working order ex.(horn, lights, wipers, all the lugnuts...and so on)
Old 06-15-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't think that will be a problem as long as you have a valid insurance card. I bought an older chevy truck that came from a different county and they wouldn't let me register it until I had a valid inspection.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Awesome. I already printed out the inspection criteria and did a walk around. Only thing I had to replace was the wipers. This bad ***, 115hp monster will be back on the street in no time =b

Thanks guys!