Moving to ElPaso

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You just need to know where to look. There are illegal drags that take place, gotta to know the right people to show you. There is a decent cruise in at Beer Bellies THursday nights. Friday nights the racing starts at our crappy, but fun track Desert Demons, Sunday you can mess with Ricers at the track, as they only go sunday's when the track has no times, you'll meet the big hitters like Cliff Wells(9 second Chevelle street legal, Alan and his candy cane Mustang(10's and stret legal), Turbo Vic and his teal turbo 5.0(10's), Al with his 10 second steet legal 03 Z06, Vince Moore(67 Chevelle 10's) etc....A lot of them go to Clash of the Titans and do extremly well. You just have to know where to look. I got out of there finally, I don't love El Paso but it was fun.
If you street race(lot of cops so becareful)your always find someone on Lee Trevino at night. The bike scene is fricken HUGE with 915 and Mayhem Riders being 2 of the largest clubs in the Southwest and 915 one of the largest in the country(my friend is VP Ray Ray).
I didn't love EP, but it was good to me. I was also President of FBEP or F-Body El Paso but am no longer since I just moved out to AZ to go to school. The board's address is F-Body El Paso
The board moves slowly but it gives details on races we are involved in, meetings etc.
Try-Southwest Drags to find some of the fastest racers in the area. Arroyo Seco(good, not great, track)-It has a 1/4 track, roadcourse etc. is also on sounthwestdrags.com
August 25th is the next shootout and it should be a good one. A lot of the guys are bringing out thier new motors and such so it should be fun.
Some of my former boys are racing in it. So have fun man, and try to make the best out of it. If you do, it's fun no matter what.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NickcZ28
But as far as the car scene..... It sucks, when I went down there a couple years ago, I went to the local sight(with my dodge dakota R/T) and murders some people...Even though the car will run worse since the ALT is like 5000 feet...m
The car scene ain't that bad, you came when the "no crusing" ordinence had just been made and cops were giving us crap. I personally never went with my guys to the cruise in's because it was trouble. A lot of the "good" cars avoid hangout's like that. Alt is 4230 at Desert Demons and about 4-4300 around town. Depends if your on the eastside, NE or Westside which has a higher elevation. If you race on Friday's at the track take about .8-.9 off your times to get your sealevel times. I run a 14.0-14.1 there and went 13.1@107.99 with a bog at SAR(san Antonio raceway)when me and 15 guys and gals from FBEP went to San Antonio to race last year. With good track prep I went 13.8 at DD during the shootouts.
If you were beating people in a Dakota R/T they were really slow because most stock R/T's run low 16's and modded go mid 15's in EP. You got screwed where you went!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IrocZTransAm
The car scene ain't that bad, you came when the "no crusing" ordinence had just been made and cops were giving us crap. I personally never went with my guys to the cruise in's because it was trouble. A lot of the "good" cars avoid hangout's like that. Alt is 4230 at Desert Demons and about 4-4300 around town. Depends if your on the eastside, NE or Westside which has a higher elevation. If you race on Friday's at the track take about .8-.9 off your times to get your sealevel times. I run a 14.0-14.1 there and went 13.1@107.99 with a bog at SAR(san Antonio raceway)when me and 15 guys and gals from FBEP went to San Antonio to race last year. With good track prep I went 13.8 at DD during the shootouts.
If you were beating people in a Dakota R/T they were really slow because most stock R/T's run low 16's and modded go mid 15's in EP. You got screwed where you went!

I agree with you Paul, there are some crazy *** car around town. you just got to know where to go. There are even those few tuners who will even give you a run for your money. For example my friend robert with his 600h/p Neon SRT just to name a few.

Last edited by bLkWdOw SS; 09-08-2007 at 02:38 PM.