Anyone delt with Performabuilt?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayin'99ss
Yea i did alot of searches too and it seemed like they got great reviews from everyone, and very knowledgeable which I am not disputing. However for some reason I didn't get very good service from my point of view. The first trans they sent was junk it didn't last 30 miles. So $400 dollars later and 2 months of waisted time, i finally got a new one. I am happy they warrantied the trans, but it took an act of god to get them to do anything about it. My car sat for 3 weeks with nothing happening because they wouldn't follow up, this is after the approximately month and a half of waiting for them to help figure out what was wrong (again they didn't call or help in any way unless i called or emailed and most of the time that didn't prompt them to do anything either). In other words unless i held Peformabuilts hand and told them to call immediately they wouldn't. MANY times they would tell me they would do something (like call or send the new trans)and they didn't even do what they said they would do. I don't know, I think I just got unlucky or something you may have different results, but I recommend someone else if anyone asks. PM me if you need further details.
Wow, PM sent.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

I have a level 2 and haven't had any problem what so ever. They have really good customer service.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give me a shout... we are sponsors here at Tech, we are local and have several units running at KDale these days. All of the cars in our websight are running our units. We spent a very long time determining what it takes to get a 4L60E to hold up at the track and on the street. Our customers include Xtreme Horsepower and House of Hot Rods in Mansfiled.

The 63 Chevy II on our website was just, went to Missouri. It had a 408 that went 600 FWHP. That car ran a 6.65 at KDale in Feb of this year with one of our full manual 4L60E's.... that unit is now living in a different car as the owner sold swapped powertrains prior to the sale.

The test mule we worked with was down at Thunder Racing in Louisiana as Xtreme Horsepower sold it last month and the customer wanted to lay a new baseline hp #... 375 cid, 4:10's, they took the FAST 90/90 setup off of it prior to the sale.... it just went 445 rwhp NA at Thunder on Jeff's dyno last week. Spoke to him and the customer today.

We've got game. If you are local to us there are inherant benefits..... no shipping, no core and immediate customer service... just to name a few benefits of dealing with a local company.

Hope that halps... if you are interested all you need to do is give us a call.

Gilbert
Old 08-02-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bought a stage 2 performabuilt trans and put it my car before I sold it. I cant give you a logevity review because I only drove the car about 2k miles then sold it. They were great to deal with and the trans shifted awesomely. Hard when you were getting on it and soft when you were not.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ratchthed
Give me a shout... we are sponsors here at Tech, we are local and have several units running at KDale these days. All of the cars in our websight are running our units. We spent a very long time determining what it takes to get a 4L60E to hold up at the track and on the street. Our customers include Xtreme Horsepower and House of Hot Rods in Mansfiled.

The 63 Chevy II on our website was just, went to Missouri. It had a 408 that went 600 FWHP. That car ran a 6.65 at KDale in Feb of this year with one of our full manual 4L60E's.... that unit is now living in a different car as the owner sold swapped powertrains prior to the sale.

The test mule we worked with was down at Thunder Racing in Louisiana as Xtreme Horsepower sold it last month and the customer wanted to lay a new baseline hp #... 375 cid, 4:10's, they took the FAST 90/90 setup off of it prior to the sale.... it just went 445 rwhp NA at Thunder on Jeff's dyno last week. Spoke to him and the customer today.

We've got game. If you are local to us there are inherant benefits..... no shipping, no core and immediate customer service... just to name a few benefits of dealing with a local company.

Hope that halps... if you are interested all you need to do is give us a call.

Gilbert
Im roughly 6hrs away from the DFW area, not really local, but your bussiness has intrieged me. I'm down in the Gulf Region/Beaumont area
Old 08-02-2007, 12:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
Im roughly 6hrs away from the DFW area, not really local, but your bussiness has intrieged me. I'm down in the Gulf Region/Beaumont area
I spent allot of time in Beaumont as a kid.... old family ties down there. Don't get down there much anymore. Still have a few relatives kicking around in those woods.. great aunt, my mothers cousins etc...

Give me a shout anytime. We're here to help.

g
Old 08-02-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

We spent a very long time determining what it takes to get a 4L60E to hold up at the track and on the street. Our customers include Xtreme Horsepower and House of Hot Rods in Mansfiled.

I have a stage 2 from performabuilt. It is wierd cause you say Xtreme Horsepower uses your trannies...But I bought this one from Orville over there at Extreme and this tranny was going in his race car...So makes me wonder..
Old 08-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Havok2
daniel: what does your lt1 run?

just like it looks in my sig no skinnies no race seats ect stock suspension(besides lca) it runs 11.8 on motor....on the first kit i cant get it to stop spinning but on a 1.65 60' it went 6.78@103 i daily drove it for the last 2 years with this tranny...has about 20k miles and about 150 track passes, sprayed to the 6500 revlimitor in overdrive before also...
Old 08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

You are correct. They did have a single P-Built unit for sale.

g
Old 08-02-2007, 11:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Yes this gentleman did have and issue with a trans, As of yet this is undetermined as to why as we only received it back Monday. We did as soon as it was determined the trans failed, get one ready and send it out to him , There was a delay sending it as this was determined during the 4th of July holiday time. It did indeed take abit to make the determination since I was dealing with him and talking with the garage and as they agreed it was a good idea to first make several electrical checks, There was also a delay on getting to the root of the problem since from the time of install till returned to the garage working with it nearly a month passed due as I understand extreme rain. There were some delays in communications since I was dealing with a third party his garage RPM and at least once did actually forget to call the garage, Which is why I now require all request to be submitted through email since PMs are so active and rotate out so rapidly we get many and the 350 limit is a pain and phone calls can sometimes become overwhelming as we do help every one requardless of weather they are customers of ours or anothers.We did replace his unit which is my understanding doing fine, And we did not require him to return the old unit first and paid all shipping which I understand no one else does. Communications also became a problem because RPM would state they were going to call him so I did not need to and they did not follow through on several occasions and on a couple occasions as I said were unable to do the checks when they said They did not call me so I did not call him with no results this too anoyed him. I have apologized to MR W for our inability to serve him as he would have liked which is all I can do. Most when they deal with us are impressed this was the exception not the rule , Again I will apologize. We are human and we are fallible and any company can have a failure I think we do pretty well overall we ship 10 to 15 units a week and failures are in the 4 to 5 percent range overall. But any company that says they never will or have had and issue with a trans is a lyer and I work for this company and have been in this business for years I have not found any company more interested in quality and customer satisfaction in all my years in the trans profession.

I will again apologize to this gentleman that I and we were unable to serve him as well as he would have liked.

Frank at PerformaBuilt

Originally Posted by sprayin'99ss
Yea i did alot of searches too and it seemed like they got great reviews from everyone, and very knowledgeable which I am not disputing. However for some reason I didn't get very good service from my point of view. The first trans they sent was junk it didn't last 30 miles. So $400 dollars later and 2 months of waisted time, i finally got a new one. I am happy they warrantied the trans, but it took an act of god to get them to do anything about it. My car sat for 3 weeks with nothing happening because they wouldn't follow up, this is after the approximately month and a half of waiting for them to help figure out what was wrong (again they didn't call or help in any way unless i called or emailed and most of the time that didn't prompt them to do anything either). In other words unless i held Peformabuilts hand and told them to call immediately they wouldn't. MANY times they would tell me they would do something (like call or send the new trans)and they didn't even do what they said they would do. I don't know, I think I just got unlucky or something you may have different results, but I recommend someone else if anyone asks. PM me if you need further details.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 08-03-2007, 05:16 AM
TECH Addict

Performabuilt?
Do you have a 4L60E that can take 775rwhp? Making 550rwhp on motor and spray a 200 shot. Also I don`t spray threw shifts! Let me know, Thanks!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The level 3 is as close as we can come right now but you are pushing its limits hard, We are going to be coming out with a level 4 in a few months but thats then . For now your really in 4l80e territory. But if you want to give it a shot we will warranty if it breaks we do have a few guys runing very close to that The spray is the rough thing.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 08-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

"There was also a delay on getting to the root of the problem since from the time of install till returned to the garage working with it nearly a month passed due as I understand extreme rain"

4 days

Let me state, I think performabuilt has a good product, they also have a good warranty, however if someone asks me if I had good service from them I simply state "I didn't have a lot of luck with them you may have different results". I typically don't like to get into to much detail unless prompted because I do understand it is hard in customer service to keep everyone happy. However I believe I gave them ample time to make this right, it was my impression, because I didn't recieve 1 phone call from peformabuilt even after I got mad and requested it, that they really weren't interested in my problem or getting me back on the road. They did get me the new trans eventually after I made it happen by being a *****. The only issue I had with them was thier follow up and what they told me would happen didn't, that is all.

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Yes this gentleman did have and issue with a trans, As of yet this is undetermined as to why as we only received it back Monday. We did as soon as it was determined the trans failed, get one ready and send it out to him , There was a delay sending it as this was determined during the 4th of July holiday time. It did indeed take abit to make the determination since I was dealing with him and talking with the garage and as they agreed it was a good idea to first make several electrical checks, There was also a delay on getting to the root of the problem since from the time of install till returned to the garage working with it nearly a month passed due as I understand extreme rain. There were some delays in communications since I was dealing with a third party his garage RPM and at least once did actually forget to call the garage, Which is why I now require all request to be submitted through email since PMs are so active and rotate out so rapidly we get many and the 350 limit is a pain and phone calls can sometimes become overwhelming as we do help every one requardless of weather they are customers of ours or anothers.We did replace his unit which is my understanding doing fine, And we did not require him to return the old unit first and paid all shipping which I understand no one else does. Communications also became a problem because RPM would state they were going to call him so I did not need to and they did not follow through on several occasions and on a couple occasions as I said were unable to do the checks when they said They did not call me so I did not call him with no results this too anoyed him. I have apologized to MR W for our inability to serve him as he would have liked which is all I can do. Most when they deal with us are impressed this was the exception not the rule , Again I will apologize. We are human and we are fallible and any company can have a failure I think we do pretty well overall we ship 10 to 15 units a week and failures are in the 4 to 5 percent range overall. But any company that says they never will or have had and issue with a trans is a lyer and I work for this company and have been in this business for years I have not found any company more interested in quality and customer satisfaction in all my years in the trans profession.

I will again apologize to this gentleman that I and we were unable to serve him as well as he would have liked.

Frank at PerformaBuilt
Old 08-03-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by performabuilt
The level 3 is as close as we can come right now but you are pushing its limits hard, We are going to be coming out with a level 4 in a few months but thats then . For now your really in 4l80e territory. But if you want to give it a shot we will warranty if it breaks we do have a few guys runing very close to that The spray is the rough thing.

Thanks for the info! Will get with you!