Camera guys and gals in here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camera guys and gals in here!

I was digging through the attic and I came across some stuff my dad gave me. It's a 1980 Canon AE1 (Sorry for the crappy pics, they're all I've got.)

It has a couple extra lenses, but I couldn't tell you anything about them.

Manual film advance which I don't mind, but it doesn't work and needs to be repaired. Hopefully there's a camera shop in the area that can repair stuff like this. It does have a max shutter speed of 1000FPS, so it might be enough to do some slow speed action shots.

Lastly, he gave me a Canon AutoBellows system for extreme close up shots. I have NO idea how to use it, but I'll do some reading.

I feel like I'm overwhelming myself, having a couple short blocks to put together on the side, hitting golf ***** every day, teaching myself to play the guitar and piano, plinking with my .223, and now this, but it's nice to stay busy and not spend a ton of money. Thanks for checking it out and if anyone's got any advice, I'm all ears!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Nobody? I'll try in some of the other sections. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2007, 01:25 AM
TECH Resident

Nice find, but the price to get it repaired will not be worth it.

The bellows attachment is pretty cool, I haven't seen something like that for a long time.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Launching!

It depends on what "worth it" is. The camera was free to me, so I'll get an estimate. I'll get it repaired eventually no matter what the cost, since it was a gift from my dad.