electrical problem, need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007 | 05:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default electrical problem, need help asap

didnt see a sub forum for my prob....on my way to class lastnight i went through a huge lake of water and now my interior light decides to come on whenever they feel like it. opening and shutting the passenger side door temporarily turns the light off but it will turn back on. having to disconnect my battery when i park... can someone point me in the right direction to were this prob may be coming from THANKS!
Old 10-09-2007 | 11:51 AM
FormerVendor

Not sure how the water affected it without toasting the fuse. Did you try to toggle the door jamb switch by hand? if it operates fine that way the it is out of adjustment.

You might try to remove the door jamb switch and inspect it. It can be difficult to remove if you have not done that before. Be careful not to short the wires together. If it looks hammered replace it.

If you can't figure it out, drive out to my shop and I'll take a look at it for you... not a big deal to me at all.

g
Old 10-09-2007 | 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

hm not sure what the problem could be except for your switch on the door being loose so it can fully contact the door to tell the lights that the door is closed. other than that i would just pull the interio light fuse on the panel next to the door the drivers side dash.. if you have your owners manual there should be a fuse layout telling you which one to pull out
Old 10-09-2007 | 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Check your hatch....I know when I don't get the hatch latched, the interior lights come on....