I recieved a ticket from a camera today!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Houston/Texas DOES have the point system now, but the camera offenses don't hit it (yet). This point system was put it place quietly this year.

It's not ALL about the revenue, it's both. Fact is, money affects behavior and if you have to pay, you will probably eventually stop the behavior. Whether they think money first or behavior (safety) first is irrelevant, result is the same -- fewer blown red lights. This same principle allows us the ability to pay an attorney and get out of tickets. The system is behavioral process and we can use it just like it uses us.

For the record, even though they work, I think red light cameras and their inventors suck donkey weinie. Wish I had invented it though...
Old 10-28-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I thought it went on your record. But it still pisses me off that they can give you tickets with a camera.Just think about it this is the start of something really **** up.Just think about how many times you break the law in a day you would have to be a ******* robot to stay out of trouble.I wonder what the fine is for shooting one of these cameras out?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by U LUZ
Well I thought it went on your record. But it still pisses me off that they can give you tickets with a camera.Just think about it this is the start of something really **** up.Just think about how many times you break the law in a day you would have to be a ******* robot to stay out of trouble.I wonder what the fine is for shooting one of these cameras out?

Just use a high powered rifle with a nightscope!
Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

its funny there are nothing but oil fields around this thing.It would be easy..
Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by U LUZ
I wonder what the fine is for shooting one of these cameras out?
I think that would be funny as hell if people starting shooting those cameras out and as soon as they replaced them do it again and again until they quit replacing them, lol. All this is is a BS revenue generation scheme.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"when there are not enough criminals, one makes them"
Old 10-28-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Josh McGrath
"when there are not enough criminals, one makes them"
amen to that!!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

guys I talked to a Houston parking ticket judge at the airport on Friday about this. He thinks weed should be legalized, lol...

But anyways, he said if it were about the money, we'd be charging $375 like they do in LA. But this is more about behavioral modification, so it's only $75. It's also a civil infraction, meaning it won't go on your driving record if you pay it, which is really your only option anyways.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:10 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

HOLY ****, i bet you could mak a BS copy of a plate of somone you know and put that **** on your car and rack up some fines for them, that is BULLSHIT.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how long does it usually take to get one of these? i made a right on red a week or so ago and saw a camera flash. i have never run a red in my entire life, and i 100% came to a complete stop before turning. would it go off if i stopped over the line?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Slayer - I think you did get hit. The law is to stop behind the line

ZONES89RS - I think this is the best defense I have heard. Just tell them to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is your car and not someone screwing with you. Now the only thing about that is that your car would have to be plain enough and have nothing unique that would identify it.

A fun way to screw with them would be to do this and at the same time the car with the fake plate is getting hit with a light have the other car with an ez tag go through a toll both on the other side of town and see what they say about it. Keep doing that until they start to doubt the system and it will crumble.....or they will start having cops looking for people doing this.

Or better yet if everyone just stopped and didnt try to run the lights then they would not be cost effective.