Looking for a Job

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
Experts at buffing the floors in the hospital hallways. You ever notice when you look down the hallway of most hospitals that they all look wet or almost like a mirror? That's a process of repeative buffing and maintenance.
Grimlock you should get me a job
Old 12-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GusZ28
Grimlock you should get me a job
Was it that $9 per hr job in Bellaire? I spoke to someone here about it last week but since then I filled the position.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

Hey dude, if your looking for an office service job. Work with mainly lawyers and its good pay, 40 hrs and you will probably like it. If you have filing, some computer knowledge and some copying experience you will most likely get the job. Hit my boss up tell him Edwin sent ya. His e-mail is jesse@docu-copy.com. Most of their sites are in downtown. There numbers are Main 713-461-2679
Fax 713-861-2669.
Take Care
Old 12-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by EDALVA21
Hey dude, if your looking for an office service job. Work with mainly lawyers and its good pay, 40 hrs and you will probably like it. If you have filing, some computer knowledge and some copying experience you will most likely get the job. Hit my boss up tell him Edwin sent ya. His e-mail is jesse@docu-copy.com. Most of their sites are in downtown. There numbers are Main 713-461-2679
Fax 713-861-2669.
Take Care
Working with Lawyers, office job *Thumbs up!
downtown traffic and parking
Old 12-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Was it that $9 per hr job in Bellaire? I spoke to someone here about it last week but since then I filled the position.
Nope, you never spoke to me about a job. if you want, shoot me a pm and i'll give you my email.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Launching!

BUmp up
Old 12-19-2007, 02:10 AM
TECH Addict

I need a job, too. I'm free MWF each week.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GusZ28
Nope, you never spoke to me about a job. if you want, shoot me a pm and i'll give you my email.
Sorry about that Gus, I thought that was you but it was somebody else that inquired me about. Since then (2 weeks ago) the position has been filled, but I will keep an eye open for you.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Launching!

Sorry about that Gus, I thought that was you but it was somebody else that inquired me about. Since then (2 weeks ago) the position has been filled, but I will keep an eye open for you.
K thanks.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Launching!

bump bump
Old 12-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Launching!

Jesus Christ Gus! still no luck? All the stores and malls are packed full probably with people still looking for help because everybody is on overtime, understaffed. Even if it's just seasonal when you show them that you can run rings around their regular workers you definately will be called when some of them leave.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Jesus Christ Gus! still no luck? All the stores and malls are packed full probably with people still looking for help because everybody is on overtime, understaffed. Even if it's just seasonal when you show them that you can run rings around their regular workers you definately will be called when some of them leave.
Most of the places have already hired their seasonal workers, and the one that haven't aren't paying well. I realize that some money is better than no money but as soon as I get a job, I know they will kick me out of my house. I need a job that I can support myself on.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Just tell them that the only job you can find at the moment will not pay your way for a place to support yourself but you promise to save up and when you find something better that that's when you will move out. They being parents have to at least understand that, especially if you find something mininum wage TEMPORARILY (keyword)
Old 12-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Have you tried the Wal-Mart distribution center in New Caney. They are always hiring, and have several shifts. Base pay is like $13 an hour, then you get differential pay based on shift, location in warehouse ect. Good money, but you work your *** off for it.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tex7387
Have you tried the Wal-Mart distribution center in New Caney. They are always hiring, and have several shifts. Base pay is like $13 an hour, then you get differential pay based on shift, location in warehouse ect. Good money, but you work your *** off for it.
I actually interviewed for a job at Great wide logistics there friday. IF that doesn't work out, I might try the distribution center
Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tex7387
$13 an hour is not that bad or a wage to start out with if your just looking for something to survive on, but how do positions like that stay open a lot because of the fact there are a lot of people that would rather work in a place even over $10 than flipping burgers etc. (not knocking anybody's jobs out there). One would tend to think at $13 there would be a constant line in the Human Resources door unless it's like 20 miles out in the desert.

Guz, look in the telephone book in the temporary agencies. Bring your resume that you should have made up, doesnt have to show you worked as head supervisor at a large corporation yada yada yada. In a temporary agency, you pretty much pick your area, almost pick your schedule, and if the company they put you in temporary position like you (after about a 90day probation) they are allowed to hire you permanently. I wished I or someone would have told you about that one.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Launching!

$13 an hour is not that bad or a wage to start out with if your just looking for something to survive on, but how do positions like that stay open a lot because of the fact there are a lot of people that would rather work in a place even over $10 than flipping burgers etc. (not knocking anybody's jobs out there). One would tend to think at $13 there would be a constant line in the Human Resources door unless it's like 20 miles out in the desert.

Guz, look in the telephone book in the temporary agencies. Bring your resume that you should have made up, doesnt have to show you worked as head supervisor at a large corporation yada yada yada. In a temporary agency, you pretty much pick your area, almost pick your schedule, and if the company they put you in temporary position like you (after about a 90day probation) they are allowed to hire you permanently. I wished I or someone would have told you about that one.
I'll look into it. Thanks grimlock
Old 12-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't beat govt. work!!!!!

look into this US Govt. employment site....

www.usajobs.opm.gov

the process is not always fast but....do the TEMP thing and find something that sounds good to u and focus on tailoring your resume for that and apply over and over if u have 2.....worth it 4sure....

major pay, major benefits and lots of advancement opportunities.....
Old 12-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Teching In

The reason they are always hiring, is that the job is hard work, and not everybody can get the job done to Wal-Mart standards. As a result, it has high turnover, as a good percentage of the people that are hired, don't make it very long before they realize they can't do the job, and are going to get fired anyway for not meeting production or safety standards.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Launching!

Any luck Gusz28?

bump