LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Texas Members (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members-54/)
-   -   Engagement Ring shopping suggestions (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/815572-engagement-ring-shopping-suggestions.html)

taillights 11-15-2007 08:20 PM

Run Forest Run Forest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kerryt1 11-15-2007 08:35 PM

You need to read this book by Fred Cuellar: http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1402...56#reader-link

You will feel confident buying, whether you're buying a $500 or a $50000 diamond.

also, here's his website: http://www.diamondcuttersintl.com/di...ion/index.html

On a more personal level, if you are spending any significant amount of money, buy the diamond loose and have it set to your specs. You will invest more time, but you'll know exactly what you have and feel like you didn't get cheated.

Congrats on the engagement.

01WS6/tamu 11-15-2007 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by taillights (Post 8132764)
Run Forest Run Forest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smart man above do the same and mod your car some more. At least you can park it and ignore it when it's bitchy.

LS1 Brent 11-15-2007 11:08 PM

first place i would check would be the dollar store. They have some great deals.

GO4URS 11-16-2007 01:00 AM

Brett, she is going to love any ring that you get her. She's head over heels for ya and you know it!!!

BTW, what took you so damn long???!!!!

-PEPE- 11-16-2007 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Ben R (Post 8131640)
Bottom of the Cracker Jack box? :confused:

I'm not cheap like you Ben lol

-PEPE- 11-16-2007 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by GO4URS (Post 8134389)
Brett, she is going to love any ring that you get her. She's head over heels for ya and you know it!!!

BTW, what took you so damn long???!!!!

decided we needed to buy a new home first...which we did this Wed, moving tomorrow woohoo. And yes we will be having a house warming party :pimp:.

Monique you know me, I like to take my time.

I appreciate all the tips on the stores from everyone. I've been to the engagement ring store @Baybrook, it's just ok.

Pro Stock John 11-16-2007 08:18 AM

I'm a Yankee so we don't get huge rocks like Houston people.

But I found that if the girl is kinda tall like mine, you want to be more around a carat or more. Shorter girls look funny with a whole carat, I think .75 could be okay.

Check around online at places like www.bluenile.com, you can get a sense of what the diamonds can cost. If you want, you can buy from them, but I just used them as a reference. My vote get the whitest diamond possible, and don't worry so much about the occlusions. Yellowish diamonds don't look as good. My wife's ring is a platinum tiffany setting.

Remington H. 11-16-2007 10:54 AM

I actually just bought a ring at Kohls....I know I know, but you would be suprised how nice of rings they have. And on certain weekends they have rediculous deals on jewelery like 60%+15%+15% off on special days. I even applied for a "Kohls charge card" and they gave me another 30% off. Even though it wasnt all discounted at the same time, it was given in steps, I still ended up getting a $4k ring for $997.00. So I was pretty happy. and yeah it appraised for $4.1k when I had it appraised after I bought it. The ring is a white gold 3 stone with a .55 ct center diamond, and two .25 ct diamonds on the side. Just a thought. Dont go to SAMs, a friend told me about it, and just for shits we went there to check it out. HOLY CRAP, it was either in the $100-$400 range or in the $10k-$30k range, talk about some fats rocks. I was very suprised.

EDIT also if you want something that looks bigger, but is same ct size, get a round cut. Princess cuts are a very deep cut and therefore look smaller when in comparison to a round cut of the same ct. FWIW-I got a round cut
Remington

GO4URS 11-16-2007 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by -PEPE- (Post 8135085)
decided we needed to buy a new home first...which we did this Wed, moving tomorrow woohoo. And yes we will be having a house warming party :pimp:.

Monique you know me, I like to take my time.

I appreciate all the tips on the stores from everyone. I've been to the engagement ring store @Baybrook, it's just ok.

Whatever order you decided to do it...I'm so extremely happy for you both!!! Just don't forget I told you so...you just had to be patient!!!!

-PEPE- 11-16-2007 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by GO4URS (Post 8135935)
Whatever order you decided to do it...I'm so extremely happy for you both!!! Just don't forget I told you so...you just had to be patient!!!!

Yes mam you "told me so" for years come to think of it, good thing I'm a patient man, know what I like and never settled.

-PEPE- 11-16-2007 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by LS69TA (Post 8131507)
Wal-Mart. That way when she wants a divorce you're not out 20K.

LMAO dude I just read this...that's awesome :D