LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Texas Members (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members-54/)
-   -   Engagement Ring shopping suggestions (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/815572-engagement-ring-shopping-suggestions.html)

-PEPE- 11-15-2007 03:16 PM

Engagement Ring shopping suggestions

I know what she likes, have been to several local jewlers, the mall, Jareds, online, etc but I'm betting there is some better options or maybe somebody has some good suggestions or knows someone, hookups, things like that.

hektyk 11-15-2007 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by -PEPE- (Post 8131004)
I know what she likes, have been to several local jewlers, the mall, Jareds, online, etc but I'm betting there is some better options or maybe somebody has some good suggestions or knows someone, hookups, things like that.

Did you try The Jewelry Exchange? I hear good stuf about that place. :)

ChaoSS 11-15-2007 03:39 PM

Thomas Markle in the Willowbrook or Kingwood area. Got my watch and my wife's engagement ring there!! Beautiful stuff there!! If you go to the Willowbrook store, see Reuben and tell him Travis Cook sent you

My brother in law got a nice set-up at Jared's too

Good luck!! :headbang:

Stroked96Bowtie 11-15-2007 04:01 PM

Got my wives ring from Kays..they have a great warranty plan that we have had to use a few time in the last couple of years. I would highly suggest where ever you get it to get somekind of warranty. We paid something like a few hundred extra bucks for it...free cleaning, sizing, and diamond replacement...well worth it.

Good luck!

Juicy J 11-15-2007 04:16 PM

Good luck with the proposal.

This is Jeremy by the way. I used to have the pink 300zx on the spray. Amber and I ate with you and your girlfriend a few times at hooters on the thursday night meets.

Deerhunter-Z28 11-15-2007 04:18 PM

Got mine from a zales outlet. Good prices :)

DarkhorSe_SS 11-15-2007 04:18 PM

aww somebody is in love... jk bro.. I am too with the baby's momma:D

Gl with it all!

1stz06 11-15-2007 04:19 PM

Try a jewelry Wholesaler. Klein's by the galleria is the shit. He handles all the local celebs, can get anything, and will match just about anyone's price. Great experience dealing with them.

Congrats and good luck brother!!

J.R.

chupr0kabra 11-15-2007 04:34 PM

We got my wife's ring at Houston Jewelry. They've been around forever, gave us MUCH better pricing than the Jared/mall shops, and didn't bombard me with the typical "She's a beautiful girl. Don't you love her enough to buy her the very best diamond possible?" crap.

-Mike

LS69TA 11-15-2007 04:43 PM

Wal-Mart. That way when she wants a divorce you're not out 20K.

Deech 11-15-2007 04:48 PM

Since your in the Clear Lake area you might want to try out Dynasty Jewelers in Pasadena (Beltway 8 and Fairmont). They are a diamond wholesaler and they can customize a ring for you. Check out their site www.starfacets.com they can get you what you want.

osvaldo 11-15-2007 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra (Post 8131448)
We got my wife's ring at Houston Jewelry. They've been around forever, gave us MUCH better pricing than the Jared/mall shops, and didn't bombard me with the typical "She's a beautiful girl. Don't you love her enough to buy her the very best diamond possible?" crap.

-Mike

If i went with my GF shopping for her ring, she would tell the sales person to not feed us that bullshit cause she wouldnt let me spend a ridiculous amount on a ring. Shes gots my back SON!

Ben R 11-15-2007 05:07 PM

Bottom of the Cracker Jack box? :confused:

pdanrichey 11-15-2007 05:23 PM

Jewelry is one of the most marked up consumer items. You buy a ring for $5k, they appraise it for $10k...bet your bottom dollar they only paid $2.5k for it...if that much!

The shops in the mall are going to be more pricey. Jared's is good for customizing...but still pricey.

Best would be to find a wholesaler that sells just the diamond. Take the stone to a reputable jeweler and have them put it in a setting she would like. You'll save yourself thousands.

NHRAMAN 11-15-2007 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by LS69TA (Post 8131507)
Wal-Mart. That way when she wants a divorce you're not out 20K.

Or... WWW.BUBBLEGUMMACHINE.COM .........................:engarde:

The Postman 11-15-2007 05:29 PM

Robins bothers has some nice stuff....great prices too.....doesn't hurt that the only thing they sell is engagement rings....I got mine from Gordons

ZL1SS 11-15-2007 06:49 PM

I took a trip to NYC and went to the diamond district. Just like a block of stores that import diamonds direct and then distribute them throughout the US to wholesalers. I saved about $4,000 off of what retail stores charge on them. Bought my wife an almost flawless 1.65 carat and then when I got back took it to a certified gemologist to get appraised and he said he couldn't even buy one as good for the price I paid. But then again, I go to NY like 5 times a year for business so it wasn't a special trip but I planned around the ring and engagement for sure.

95zpro 11-15-2007 08:00 PM

Isn't their an engagment jewelry store at I-45 & Bay Area Blvd(on the west side of the highway) ? Good luck and congrats ahead of time man !

ProStreet_632 11-15-2007 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by pdanrichey (Post 8131709)
Jewelry is one of the most marked up consumer items. You buy a ring for $5k, they appraise it for $10k...bet your bottom dollar they only paid $2.5k for it...if that much!

The shops in the mall are going to be more pricey. Jared's is good for customizing...but still pricey.

Best would be to find a wholesaler that sells just the diamond. Take the stone to a reputable jeweler and have them put it in a setting she would like. You'll save yourself thousands.

try again on that 1, if they sell it for 5k, they only paid about $750 for it, I have the inside track about the mark up on jewelry.

INVISIBLEZ 11-15-2007 08:20 PM

The best value, Life Savers!!!!! G/L Brett...